Crankshaft Failures

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
WolfmanGK

#121 Post by WolfmanGK »

btt updates?

haydug

#122 Post by haydug »

The falicons are almost hear. And to all who thought this wouldn't happen, sorry but it is DONE!!

DangerRanger

#123 Post by DangerRanger »

Hopefully Falicon changed the design they first planned to build.... Did it get "updated"?

haydug

#124 Post by haydug »

Actually Ben, are you sure you know what you are talking about?
They did not ever have a bad design, at least that I know of and I have been in constant contact with them. They did have an issue of crank halfs spinning slightly, which could have been cured by welding. But this is a band-aid in Falicon's eyes, while it would be standard practice for other builders. This crank will be your #1 choice for reliability issues. Thanks for your concern.

kdeal

#125 Post by kdeal »

This is probably where the rumors of extreme pressures used to build these cranks came from. According to Cannondale27 his just pressed apart like a normal crank. If there ever was an issue of the crank halves moving, which is pretty common in other high horsepower motors (Banshees come to mind), it probably led to the belief of a tighter clearance on the crank pin to crank halve. Falicon is coming to the table with a different design. If anybody doubts their skills, go to a major NHRA sanctioned drag race and look on any of the motorbikes running there. I'll bet 7 out of 10 have a Falicon sticker on the bike. Which would mean they use them for some product or service. Falicon's major business is crankshafts. In my opinion and from personal experience, they are the best out there.

protraxrptr17

#126 Post by protraxrptr17 »

I am dying with anticipation. My other bike desperately needs a swingarm but I'm putting it off untill I get my Cannondale going. I salute Doug and Jay for making these cranks available. I'm new around here and have only talked to them one time each but these are the coolest people I have talked to that are involved in the whole sport of ATV's.

Why are some people so negative about the Falicon? It can't be worse than anything else you can get. If it does burn up at least we can fix them for a relatively small price instead of scrapping them. Seems like a no brainer to me.

sillysspeed

#127 Post by sillysspeed »

Once the Falicon cranks are tested and proven, they are going to sell like Big Mac's!!

haydug

#128 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by sillysspeed
Once the Falicon cranks are tested and proven, they are going to sell like Big Mac's!!

Over 1 million served?? :wow

JAM1

#129 Post by JAM1 »

Just read threw all of the post, and I have to tell ya it's got me a little down. I have recently come across a '03 cannibal with 20 hours on it for $3500.00 and I'm meeting with the guy on Friday for a test ride. I've read quite a bit about the exceptional power these 440's have and was really excited about this quad. I no this is a good price and the guy is saying it??????????????????s only been in the dirt once about a week ago (showroom condition). I currently ride RED and durability has not been an issue other than rear bearings and brakes. I need some one to give me back that warm fuzzy feeling that I had when I first found this quad. Right now I feel like I might be buying into a BIG head ache. Feed back is appreciated.

Thanks,
John:confused:

Happyboy

#130 Post by Happyboy »

Your not really going to get that warm fuzzy back...completly.

Here is the way I look at it. Of the thousands of Dales out there there are double digit failures on the crank side. The 03 seemed to have a higher rate than the earlier models but noone can tell you that its going to blow up.

Here is something you need to look at.
If you could buy a 450r or a yfz450 for $4500 tommorrow...would you?

Now, take that Dale and throw a Falicon crank in it in 2 months and you have spent $4300. Add the stage 8 kit, now your at $4400. Now, if there were no problems with the Dale cranks do you think you could buy them for $3500?

If that Dale is stock then give him 3k and walk away happy and proud. $3500 is a little high for bone stock, especially the 03. IMO. Do a little work on it and become one of the few, one of the proud, one of the DALERS!!! :usa :usa :usa