stalling again

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
trey

stalling again

#1 Post by trey »

I have a 02 moto and are having problems with it stalling. Ill be riding along and it will stall out of nowhere. Then it will start up fine and run good untill it stalls again. Here is a list of things Ive tried to remedy the problem:

1 new battery
2 checked all electrical connections
3 stator update
4 new stator

any other suggestions

thanks

trey

#2 Post by trey »

i dont have a d and m kit----i guess that might be my next step

CptHook

#3 Post by CptHook »

I know this may be somewhat of an arbitrary answer but it might be the prob. I know when I first got my dale I used to have a problem every now and then with it quitting on me randomly going down a trail, I start it back up and it would run fine, and I think I found out mainly my problem was the way I was riding it. I never really took into consideration that I was riding a machine that tachs out at 11,600k so being used to riding things like a 400ex I thought the way I was riding it was fine. It wasnt until it dawned on me that I was riding a pure blood race machine that I started cruising at a high rpm and winding the piss out of it before advancing gears. Ever since that Ive never had it stall on me in a trail once (except for the one time I forgot to check my gas before I went out, we wont get into that though).Also riding like this will save your clutch since you wont be changing gears as much considering the power band is unreal on these things no matter what gear your in. Well anyways thats my two cents, hope it helps, and if you ride like this already, then pretend I never posted this. wink.gif

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

your idle might be a little low also.

trey

#5 Post by trey »

thanks guys

i ride it hard in the upper rpms, and the idle is set very high. any other thoughts?

trey

#6 Post by trey »

i should of added that when it dies it doesnt bog or studder the machine just dies. there is no recovering untill it stopps and the start button is pushed.

i also changed the fuel and air filter

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

I had the same problem with a pair of early 2002 Cannibals. I rerouted the fuel line using

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/tech/SB02-...ine_routing.pdf

as a guide. I also updated the Hex file in the computer because of this bulletin:

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/tech/SB02-...08_stalling.pdf

You will need a D& M kit to install the new Hex code. If you don't want to buy a kit (highly recommended) send it to Haydug for a small fee he will reprogram it, and put in any map you want.

Hope this helps.

district6_47p

#8 Post by district6_47p »

I just had a similar problem riding a few munits ago. i was going down my driveway at my house and in 5th gear i was practacly wide open when all of the sudden it just shut off. Nothing worked when i got it stopped i turned the key off then back on and nothing happened when i tried to start it. I waited a few munits trying to figure out how to get the quad back home and when i turned the key back on it made noise and when i pushed the start button it turned over but wouldent start and the battery was practacly dead. i had also been riding for half an hour before this all happened. I am supposed to have a d&m kit comming but do u guys think this is something the kit would fix?

cdrookie

#9 Post by cdrookie »

sounds like your battery is bad or there's a loose connection somewhere. if you have a multimeter check the battery and charging system