What exhaust is best?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Baart

What exhaust is best?

#1 Post by Baart »

I am wondering what exhaust puts out the most in low and mid range power and torque. No so concerned with top end but wouldn't mind a gain there as well. I just ordered the D&M kit and was about to order the HMF full. The only pipes I know of are the HMF, FMF, Trinity and the Big gun. I know where to order the first 3, don't think I want the big gun. What other options do I have and what puts out in a reliable manner? Thanks.

cannibalq8

#2 Post by cannibalq8 »

HMF,TC and Trinity

KYmxracer52

#3 Post by KYmxracer52 »

the TC's are good, but the mounts are weaker than the others. I haven't tried HMF, but would like to just to compare the two. Everyone that runs the HMF says its a frontrunner. It would definately be my second choice if I couldn't get the TC.

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

get the one you get the best deal on. use the d&m to fine tune and pick a map with good low end. moto/speed has good low end but it's pretty snappy and abrupt, great top end also. maz's xmx is a favorite, real snappy also but not as much top end. HMF's are loud but they offer a quiet core and haydug can hook you up with one. plus they have a bunch of colors to choose from.
i'm a big gun fan, and the new ones are better than the old ones, but you said you don't want one for some reason. so stick with the HMF

Psychosis

#5 Post by Psychosis »

I'd look at HMF before Trinity. I have the Stage IV and though it has awesome power, it's so loud it's not funny and it's made of very cheap material. I'm on my second headpipe already and it's got pretty low hours.

cdrookie

#6 Post by cdrookie »

i really don't consider the blaze speed map a good low end map. it's smooth but a little soft. i think i have some variation of it in my bike now and it's ok for tight xc races but when trail riding with my buddies, i feel like i need more ooooomph

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

I have to agree with rookie. I find though that with either map you have to run a gear higher and pull out of a stall to reall use it effectively.

Oh the exhaust you should pick is HMF. Good customer service, decent quality, and the option of the quiet core if you need it. If you mx break out the hack saw and trim it down and you get more oomph out of it, but it gets louder!:head:

250rmike

#8 Post by 250rmike »

i have the hmf and it is loud but you dont hear it so much when riding the quad. when your behind it im sure you can hear it good. i havent had any other pipes but what about the fmf titanium thats on the moto

Idahocannibal

#9 Post by Idahocannibal »

I have the fmf ti and like it alot, seems to be built pretty tough, my only complaint is the rubber piece between the silencer and the clamp melts after a while then the clamp scuffs up the silencer.

Baart

#10 Post by Baart »

I guess I will probably go with the HMF. I thought I saw some problem posts on here about the Big Gun, but I may have confused it for another pipe. I tried to order the HMF from the Haydug online store, but when I select quantity and click go it times out and doesn't load the next page. I was on the HMF site and though they have the pipe on there for the 'Dale, its seems that I am unable to order it. I guess I can try again tomorrow. Where are the TC and FT pipes at online. Would like to at least check them out. Thanks.