The Dale Just Dies NEED ADVICE!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
DMAC10

vent hose

#11 Post by DMAC10 »

any information on the shorty vent hoses

cdrookie

#12 Post by cdrookie »

my rad hoses had fluid boiling in them before. and they are usually hot enough you wouldn't want to wrap your hand around them.:head:

DMAC10

The dale dies

#13 Post by DMAC10 »

O.K. I did some more checking last night.

Bleed the coolant system again, fired the bike up and noticed after about 1 - 2 minutes the fan was kicked on, my hoses were hot and the radiator was hot to the touch. IS this normal???

I also adjusted my idle up, and also while the quad was idling I unplugged the coolant sensor. No noticeable change in the idle.

I did notice that my coolant bottle had a small air leak at the top, no coolant leaking just air, if I shake the quad then little bubbles of coolant comes out. My quad is the early 2002 without an overflow hose. So does this mean anything, or am I just hoping for a quick fix.

So after all this checking, I went back to my practice trail and stayed in first gear to heat it up quicker, about 5 minutes later, she shut right down. After about 2 - 3 minutes of expressing my joy with the problem, the quad fired right up and I came back to the house and now she's parked again.

When it dies there is no type of warning, powwer loss or sputtering. It just shuts down exactly like you pulled the kill switch.
The closest D&M kit is over 2 hours away, but I can't get a hold of them to help me out. So anymore suggestions???

KYmxracer52

#14 Post by KYmxracer52 »

as far as the vent hose, the only info I could find is through this website. I can't remember what brand mine is, but I bought it from Bluegrass Cycle Corral in Lexington. here's the website: http://www.mxbike.com/catalog/Motocross+Plus+Vent+Cap

Would Mike's Cycle World still have a D&M Kit for the Dales? I know he sold Cannondales. Or would James Perry have one by any chance?

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Being a cable clutch is it possible you have the 500 ecu?There is no IACV on the early motors with 500ecu and even early ones with 1000 that could be why the IACV and temp sensor test didnt work.It sounds like you are overheating which will shut down motor.My guess is your impellar is either stripped or disintegrated.
Pull of hose on Pump housing and look in there put a small srewdriver in there to see if impellar is stripped out if it is get new updated one.

DMAC10

Getting Help

#16 Post by DMAC10 »

Finally got a hold of Kyle at R&S Performance, 3 hr trip but Kyle feels like that he can get it figured out, can't be to big a thing, it runs to darn good before it stops.

As soon as I get it back I'll post what the problem was so everyone that gave advise can log that little bit of info away for future reference. It'll be a couple of weeks but it will be worth the wait. He's way to busy.

THANKS AGAIN to all the replies.

Looking forward to riding again SOON.smile.gif

Swampdale

#17 Post by Swampdale »

Call me. I may be able to save you a trip. 504-782-7194