Flipped Cannibal-Now wont start

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
TheJaspMan

Re: Flipped Cannibal-Now wont start

#11 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by BMACYCLES
I have an 02 Canibal that was flipped & wont start ever since.  I dont have spark & as far as I can tell the pump isnt working.  Whats up with this?

What test did you preform to determine there is no spark? Have you actually changed the plug or at least pulled it to see if it's fouled? Or some other kind of test?

NRath

Well, swing and a miss!!!

#12 Post by NRath »

I'd bet Haydug is going to be cheaper than going direct. I was a little surprised to hear Optimum's price on it compared to what I've seen it for elsewhere.

Given the new info, sounds like your on the right path. Spark plug first, if no go, verify fire, then D&M. If it's getting fire and still not starting, you might try bumping the idle up a little.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Dont forget about the fuel pump test.2 out of 3 ECU and pump failures I have seen happened after a major crash.

BMACYCLES

#14 Post by BMACYCLES »

I put a new plug in the boot & also tried a ignition tester. Still, the bike cranks over, the lights light, the on/off switch kills the starter, theres no clutch switch on it & the pump works when you ground the black. Do you have to have the fuel tank on for this test?

speed2424

Start with the basics.

#15 Post by speed2424 »

Did you check for spark when you put the new plug in, by cranking the engine over with the plug laying on top of the engine to get it's ground?If so what was the results?smile.gif

BMACYCLES

#16 Post by BMACYCLES »

I put the plug on top of the engine & nothing. Also grounded it with an auxilliary cable & nothing. Cranks fine, but no spark & no pump.

NRath

#17 Post by NRath »

It wouldn't be the first ECU I heard of going bad. The EFI Manual gives instructions for testing it. You should read through it and go to trouble shooting.

Provy4life

#18 Post by Provy4life »

how are you gonna do that without ur fuel tank hooked up...?

comander420

#19 Post by comander420 »

sounds like you fried the most delicate, and most problematic part of your ecu the fuel pump circuit. I have heard of people putting toggle switches on. Not for sure if this was to protect the ecu or bypass it? someone else know?