Engine running hot

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
kevin00

Engine running hot

#1 Post by kevin00 »

Seems like the fan is always on, even after just about 5 minutes at idle.

Radiator is still cold after 4 or 5 minutes.
Just changed coolant to a prestone 50/50 mix. blead the system untill coolant was almost driping on the floor. stood it up on its end for a coulple of minutes, and after all this it still does it. I don't think it is the fan because it will eventually shut off on its own.

Any help would be just great because i'm out of ideas.:confused:

blaze#52

#2 Post by blaze#52 »

did you check the impeller, see it is melted or if it is stripped out. or check the coolant temp switch, could be telling the ECU that it is hotter that what it really is, good luck

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

My fan runs constantly. Don't use that as a judge. I put in-line coolers run engine ice and even ceramic coated the headers. As long as your hex code is correct tha just let it be. If it starts puking anti freeze or shutting down than look farther.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

My fan runs alot also.Normal.Fan comes on at 175 and turns off at 159 which is a very low setting but cant hurt anything.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

If your radiator is still cold and your fan is running your impeller is bad or you are air locked.

cannibalq8

#6 Post by cannibalq8 »

any way if he is running lean?

kevin00

#7 Post by kevin00 »

Well i guess i'll have to check the impeller.
I have to say i'm not looking forward to it because I hear is a pain. (any tips?)
It did puke coolant once and was boiling one other time. Its never shut down on its own though. Because when this happened I shut it down and let it cool off for a while.
I know i need a d&m kit ASAP.

Oh one more thing would it be worth while to check the coolant bleeder hose for blockage even though I blead the system via the beeder bolt?

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

You can actually take the impellar cover off without dropping the motor. It takes a little while but well worth not having to drop the motor. Just have a little wrench and have patiece.

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

the bleeder hose could be blocked or the nipple coming off the cover. I have since drilled mine out to a bigger size. It is a small hole and a little debris clogs it right up. Also the cover can be removed without much to do so just post and I will tell you the tools you need!

Also, Kevin where in NE do you life?

Ryanstones

leave him alone derno

#10 Post by Ryanstones »

dang, i wouldn't tell you either!

I was in ogalla for a night this summer. MAN did that place freakin stink!