Need Impeller?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
HOUSER CDALE

Need Impeller?

#1 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

I have a problem. It first started with my cdale having coolant come out of the weep whole on the cylinder. The other day I was riding and the bike started to smoke. So anyways it was so hot that it cracked the cap on the coolant bottle. I got a new cap and started the bike. It seems like the hose coming off the bottle is cool while the hose coming out of the cylinder is warm? Does this mean my impeller is gone? I ordered some impellers from ATK the other day and are waiting on those. Is this a better impeller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=43977

Thanks for the help!!

wyndzer

#2 Post by wyndzer »

That piece looks sweet. I have a cast aluminum impeller in mine. That impeller looks like it is machined. That would be way better than the stock plastic one, although $70.00 is a bit HIGH!!

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Have you been fully bleeding the system when you refill with antifreeze. That would be the only other cause of the hoses not getting hot.

HOUSER CDALE

#4 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

I dont think it is a bleeding issue. But I could be wrong. So is the impeller I listed what I need to get ? Our should I just stick with the one I ordered from ATK?

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

If I was getting one I would get the aluminum one. You won't have to ever replace it. Where the plastic one might go on you.

HOUSER CDALE

#6 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

Where did you get yours? I know 70 is kind of expensive! but.......

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

I don't have one yet, but when I work on my motor it is getting changed. You could give Haydug a call or ATK I think is starting to make them too. I would think you have to specifically ask for them though.

KYmxracer52

#8 Post by KYmxracer52 »

not to steal this thread, but how exactly do you bleed the system?

levi550

#9 Post by levi550 »

Originally posted by KYmxracer52
not to steal this thread, but how exactly do you bleed the system?

Page 98 of the '02 owners manual......

I have the "self bleeding" system and still needed to open the top right hand bolt in order to bleed the system.

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

Or stand it on the rear grab bar with the cap off the res bottle