Pipe which one?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Cdale97

Pipe which one?

#1 Post by Cdale97 »

Which pipe would be the best for racing MX? I'm having a hard time deciding

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

whichever one you get the best deal on. HMF is the most popular and probably is the best made pipe on the market. its a little long for mx use and will get dented by the axle if you bottom out.

the fmf titanium is a good choice and durable also but like the hmf, if you get rearended, it usually smashes the silencer.

alot of people use the tc for mx but mounting brackets cracking is their biggest downfall.

i like the big gun, the newer "improved" version suppose to be of way better quality than the earlier versions.

haven't really heard anything great about the trinity. haven't heard anything about the bills or the graydon.

theres also a very rare often talked about but hardly ever seen FT exhaust. its not in production anymore and used ones are never seen for sale. whether thats good or bad...i have no idea.

KYmxracer52

#3 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I like the TC I have but like mentioned the mounting bracket and place of mounting sucks. I have made another mount on mine that bolts to the frame in another location and has made it very stout. A must for one of those. I'm going to have JFarrar make me a new mid pipe for my 03 header and remount the canister back under the fender more.

cannibalq8

#4 Post by cannibalq8 »

for MX ... TC all the way!

Mjollnir

#5 Post by Mjollnir »

The Trinity pipe is a SWEET looking pipe, but it is also very loud.

I agree with cdrookie - whatever you can get the best deal on.

Marc

JST

#6 Post by JST »

I'm on my 3rd pipe now and I'm sticking with it,TC.

bphillman

#7 Post by bphillman »

Marc.... you remember how loud my Trinity was, huh?

I love my Trinity. Couldn't believe the power. I am going after a quite core for it now.

Mjollnir

#8 Post by Mjollnir »

Originally posted by bphillman
Marc.... you remember how loud my Trinity was, huh?

I love my Trinity. Couldn't believe the power. I am going after a quite core for it now.

Huh? WHAT DID YOU SAY?

My ears are still ringing!

Easily the best looking pipe out there if one is after the bling factor. I guess it's probably not much louder than my FMF, but no one would ever know since I was always 100 yds behind everyone else. :confused:

"Man, Marc's FMF sure is quiet!":(

btw, my FMF-Ti measured at 106db. The Trinity has to be 109db.

Marc

Psychosis

#9 Post by Psychosis »

If I bought I'd go TC. I hate my Trinity in general. I keep maintenance on it and I'm on my second header b/c the first one had a hole burn through. I also broke off one of the mounts that hooks to the subframe not too long ago. It's way too loud too but I guess it does give good power. Nothing to compare it to though.

Cdale97

#10 Post by Cdale97 »

I never heard of TC, i've heard of all the other pipes you were talking about except TC. Is there a website i could go to to look at it of something.