finally

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannibal67

finally

#1 Post by cannibal67 »

Well I finally got the crank out of my cannibal it was just a shot rod bearing.Not any damage on the crank.I dont know if I should get my crank balanced or just get the Z-400 bearing and slap it back in, but before that I need to know where to get a paper back repair manual to tell me how to reassemble it.

rajuncajun

#2 Post by rajuncajun »

You could probley pick one up one ebay they allways have one on there

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Or if you have a printer print one from the site here.

I did mine at work, but if I had to do it at home I would just print the sections I needed.

cannibal67

#4 Post by cannibal67 »

I tried downloading the manual before but it didnt work. And does anyone know if balancing the crank would help any or should I not do that

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

If you can't download the manual you should send Jaybr a PM he will help you out with that. He is the head honcho around here.

Who would you have balance the crank? It does help with vibration and other smaller issues, but isn't 100% necessary.

cannibal67

#6 Post by cannibal67 »

I'm going to have one of the local machinist to do it

cdrookie

#7 Post by cdrookie »

if you can find someone to balance the crank do it! make sure they are reputable though.

think of it like this...

if one wheel is bent(or unbalanced) on your car it will shake. might notice it at high speeds or low speeds or all the time. leave it shake long enough and you'll get a bad tire, possible wheel/axle bearing failure, maybe brake and suspension issues...

if your crank is not properly balanced the bearings will take the beating, for a while...

cannibal67

#8 Post by cannibal67 »

OK thanks for the advice:head:

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Problem with balancing the crank is that you will have to split the crank,Put it back together and then you will be able to balance it minus the rod,piston and pin.Then once balanced it will have to be split again and reassembled with the rod.This causes a good chance of having the integrated pin fail from pressing it in and out so many times.That leaves you with a couple options.

One way is for someone to tell us all exactly how much weight is needed or taken away or wait until I figure it out.This isnt the most accurate since they are rough castings and probably vary a bit but it would be much better than stock.

Or you could also have them install the z400 pin

Either way make sure you have it welded.(cheap insurance)

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

Hey 67, sorry I didn't get back to you on the pm. I have been busy with my wife's dale. I am sending out 2 cds in the morning. 1 to you and 1 to Chris Alman. Have no fear, the manual is near!!

:deal: