Pressurized radiator?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
JST

#11 Post by JST »

How much does the update kit cost?So what you are saying is that if my 2 radiator hoses on the same side as the res. are hot,then I have no air pocket,correct?

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

All you need is a cover and the hose..I might have some extras laying around. You might even be able to install a small fitting on the original cover and pick up a hose at the auto parts store.

cdalexct

#13 Post by cdalexct »

another way to bleed it is. make sure your over flow bottle is filled up all the way before you do this when you fill it up take the hose off the water pump slowly you will hear air comming out and then the coolant will come out put the hose back on fill the bottle back up and your done scott form champion told me this and for the extra hole on the overflow bottle i just run a hose on it to the bottom of the frame that is what i am doing for 2 years now run the hose up and over the bottle and down the frame and when you stand it on the grab bar it wont leak out of the hose

JST

#14 Post by JST »

I am getting ready to chg coolant,if I do as you guys are tellin me w/o the update,if both hoses are hot then I don't have a air pocket,correct?

Canniboomer

#15 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep, and note the bottom of radiator tends to heat up fastest, and easier to detect there... if you adapt an old cover with a pipe fitting, would suggest to epoxy-fill fitting and drill smaller 1/16" and keep fitting at highest point of housing -- you don't want too much coolant bypassing the radiator if opening too large.