New Winky Cranks

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cdrookie

#31 Post by cdrookie »

i wouldn't know winky if i sat beside him. and i wouldn't want to know him. why, you ask? he was delibertly trying to pull the wool over our eyes with the 11,000 RPM bearing issue just to make money. luckily we have honest informed people on this site who hunt for "the truth". with the quatity of work that he is sending out he better stand behind it otherwise he would be out of business.

and who doesn't stand behind their work? scott at champion did when those almighty winky cranks failed. maz will talk your ear off. haydug has helped so many people out, and not charged them a dime, thats its ridiculous. jeff stoess is handing out free advise on this site.

all we need to do is look at his new improved cranks(like '27's). is that quality work? either he farming out the work and not checking it or he doesn't have a clue whats going on.

Mjollnir

#32 Post by Mjollnir »

Originally posted by WJR
...This isn't supposed to sound like a Bud Light commercial or anything..
WJR

Here's to you, Mr. Unbalanced Cannondale Crank Rebuilder.

You work long hours, cleaning out unidentified sooty black ****, just to make a quad run for more than 10 minutes.

You press crank webs apart, installing bearings designed to take that load.

Take that load, you bad, bad bearing. Take that load.

When crank rods go flying, you're there to pick up the pieces. Tiny, tiny, pieces. Everywhere.

So we salute you, Mr. Unbalanced Cannondale Crank Rebuilder. Rebuild, man. Rebuild.

Sorry, guys. I couldn't resist the urge.

Marc

iceracer17

#33 Post by iceracer17 »

These guys should quit wasting their time on these motors and make a retrofit kit for another motor.It just don't seem like these motors will ever be fixed.wink.gif

cannondalekid18

#34 Post by cannondalekid18 »

This is all i have to say about this. Some of you know that I have given up my faithful yzf convertion, for one reason to make these cannondales more reiable, heck it is my job. For the people that I have been riding with only they know the abuse that i have put my machine through. So heres a summary for all you who don't know.
5th gear pinned down the road shift into 4th then 3rd and never let off the throttle. Wanna know what it does one the motor over revs to the point you swear its gunna blow and it leave black marks on the road for about 10 ft in each gear.

I know most of you like to ride in mud so i took it apon myself to see what would happen if you ride your nice $12000 mx bike in the mud well i can tell you its a lot of fun and with the 1" + of mud on the radiator it held much better then i expected espeically after i buried it in the swamp, put it 4 th and pin it 5 mins later you will get out.

I motocrossed it because **** it is a MX bike roughly 1/3 of the time was spent on the mx track gotta get ready for the 12 hour right Jason!

It was drag raced set up as a MX bike we spent about 2 hours and $30 at the strip $2 a run
Fastest run: Reaction .668
60ft 1.866
1/8 et 8.66
1/8mph 71.91
1/4 et 14.586
1/4mph 79.48
14/38 gearing, asphalt, 2nd gear starts, 18x9.5 turf tammers

we also trail rode this machine, rode gravel pits, and even just for giggles ran it in 1st gear against the rev limiter to cut down some grass, rode 1 st gear against the rev limiter around mx tracks 6 laps before i got sick of hearing it pop.

32 hours later, dad says if we are going to run this 12 hour race, then we better know what all of this abuse is doing to the quad. So i say true that father i pulled the motor last night and was plently surprised by what i have found. nothing wrong piston still looks like new, sleeve showed some wear, what about the crank you say, well since this was a test engine a stocker was used with the cart plate oil mod. we were pleasently surprised at what we saw. rod bearing was a light almost yellow color no signs that it ever got hot . the cage shows rub marks where you can see it was riding on the rod and the pin amazing though no signs that it was cutting into either the rod nor the pin. Dad can post the pictures if he likes, basically we put it back together, know that it was first time we have ever seen anything like this.

mods to this engine :

Diamond racing 450 kit High comprestion Piston
Steel oil pump gears
Reangle injectors
Port and polish
Advance Key
Ball Bearing mains
Modified oiling sytem
Neutral modifaction
14 tooth front sprocket
Safety wire Transmission and Cartage plate bolts

Ps: it the fastest thing I have ever rode.

DangerRanger

#35 Post by DangerRanger »

"That is why balanced stock cranks can last hundreds of hours."

Only one quad I know of could have this kind of hours...Jeff@Quadshops 02 blaze...maybe.

2hrs per weekx52 weeks a year=104hours...so who has two years, 2hrs per week every week on a stock motor??? I know of only1 or 2 that might have over 100hrs at this point.

Hours estimates by people are a joke. I know John Wink is riding the piss out of his every day or every other day.

Stock setup..no mods, just balanced...will fail if you hold it on the rev limiter. I proved this twice, and if anyone wants to volunteer a quad/bike for me to show it again...this time I will video it.:deal:

Big Winky

#36 Post by Big Winky »

As you know, the amount of oil reaching a bearing has a great deal to do with it's life span. By increasing the amount of oil reaching the rod bearing ..it in turn runs off the sleeve where it is collected to feed the flywheel side bearing the oil it needs to live. If oil doesn't reach the rod bearing, doesn't get splashed up on sleeve, doesn't get to the collection channel, and down to the bearing...and bang goes bearing. If the C-dale stock style oiling system actually worked well enough... I think Honda, Yamaha, etc. would also be using some variation of it also, but they don't. The oiling system changes we have incorporated seem to have worked so well, that we have proceeded with obtaining an application patent on it. I will not claim it's a total sucess until we run a cannondale motor at full load (wide open throttle, loaded to bring rpms down to 11,000) for a real long time (i'd like to see at least a 55 gallon drum of fuel used up on a continued run with stops only for oil and filter changes every 10 hrs.). Then and only then will I believe that the problem is totally solved. As I have already learned, the best bearing makes little difference in the longevity of the bearing if oil is not reaching it.

cannondale27

#37 Post by cannondale27 »

the cage shows rub marks where you can see it was riding on the rod and the pin amazing though no signs that it was cutting into either the rod nor the pin.

Ride it a bit longer and the cage will fail.The cage is not supposed to hit ever.Dont forget many stock cranks have lasted well over a season of racing.I am not saying our oiling system couldnt use improvements cause I believe it could.I just dont believe oil is cause of stock crank failures and the quote above should really confirm that.

cannondale27

#38 Post by cannondale27 »

Oh and Ben I know for a fact that I have over 100 hrs on the stock unbalanced crank,piston and liner in my stocker.I estimate 2.5-3 hrs per tank of gas at that rate on a weekend trail ride its 8-9 hours on just one trail ride.Does that mean I trust it to last?Heck no!Just saying that it takes real longterm testing to confirm anything.

jfarrar

#39 Post by jfarrar »

winksters i am ready for the 12 hr sorry i didnt get to ride the quad this weekend i worked my arse off late in the night saturday and went to a fox dealer rider today i'll call ya tomorrow.

cannondale27

#40 Post by cannondale27 »

Bump