Clutch & Battery?'s

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Bill31251

Clutch & Battery?'s

#1 Post by Bill31251 »

I have 2 questions,

I have an 03 cannibal, and have searched the old threads and still need some answers, when I pull the clutch in it trys to creep some and then its tought to start in gear, and it also dies around corners I found that theres an adjuster for the cable clutch, is there one for the hydo clutch?? or is the clutch shot??

NEXT
My battery would just go dead half way throguh a ride like when the quad would die I would try to start it back up and the battery was dead, so I bought a new battery and then the same thing has happened again I am wondering if the battery is not charging or whats going on any help PLEASE thanks

comander420

#2 Post by comander420 »

Do you have the hydro clutch if so try and bleed it, there is a bleeder on top of the slave cylinder on the engine . pull the clutch in loosen up the bleeder then tighten it again while the clutch is still pulled in, make sure you have the resevoir full, it may take several tries to get all the air out if that is the problem.

as for the battery check the wire coming off the stator behind the flywheel, it may have wore through where the clip holds it, there is an update for this, let us know what you find out.

Bill31251

#3 Post by Bill31251 »

It is bleed, I actually bought a new clutch rezzie and it did it with the old one and the new one, I will start checking wires tom

ducman

#4 Post by ducman »

You might want to check your flywheel, after I rode my quad for a while my battery would be dead and it would not start. What I found is my flywheel had slipped on the hub causing the engine to be out of time and actually fighting the starter, the key in the flywheel should be lined up with the c in cannondale cast in the front.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Is it possible to be off time and still run? Mine slipped and wouldn't fire at all. However, it would turn over.

cdrookie

#6 Post by cdrookie »

up on the clutch lever is a little red knob, turn it in to adjust the clutch. if it is twisted in to far the knob will fall off.

levi550

Clutch Adjustment

#7 Post by levi550 »

There is a bulletin on adjusting the clutch: TB02-013.

Using the red knob ^^^^^-----^^^^^, pm me if you want a copy emailed to you.

Levi

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

Quad will not fire if too far out of time. If it just slipped a little then it may fire but not likely.

If your battery is going dead then your stator may be going or has gone out on you. Good thing we have a deal being worked out on rewinding. smile.gif

ducman

#9 Post by ducman »

Mine was out of time just enough that it would run but would not start when the engine was hot, Haydug found the problem on mine.

Bill31251

#10 Post by Bill31251 »

I have the clutch issue worked out, but I have been checking wires for about 2 hours and that is very frustrating considering theres about 500 hoses or wires running through there. Any more thoughts on the battery problems