Pipes, Pipes, & Pipes!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Dale512

Pipes, Pipes, & Pipes!

#1 Post by Dale512 »

I remember seeing someone shorten their Toaster. Does anybody have any pics? Also is the headpipe on the HMF really any bigger or straighter than the stock toaster one, because I was thinking about buying that slipon from I think it was quadsource.

Another thing is I keep hearing the Moto map is weak on the topend, if I get a pipe & moto map would I lose any speed?

Thanks

CdaleRacer0128

#2 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

well i dont know about people doin it in real life buti did one real quick in photo suit just to see what it looked like, along with a 250r engine in the frame or yzf and so on..

CdaleRacer0128

#3 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

also a moto with a shortened pipe (note the YZF426 engine too)biggrin.gif

TricityCdale

#4 Post by TricityCdale »

I don't know about shortening toasters, but I just installed an HMF slip-on and put the MotoSpeed map in it and let me just say....biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I had the early round silencer and I swear it feels like I doubled my HP. And the bottom/mid is incredible. It doesn't fall flat on the top either.

trav

#5 Post by trav »

any one haveing a fmf titanium blaze or moto pipe, it is a must to shorten. if not pipe will bend, brake, or kink if you pop a wheelie and flip it. this will louden it but will have alittle more low end grunt

JST

tc racing pipe

#6 Post by JST »

Does anyone have a tc pipe for their cannondale or a picture of one,many of my friends are running these on their 4 strokes but none on a cannondale and there has never been any comments anywhere about this pipe.?????how much better than hmf???how much louder than hmf???my maine concern is that some of the tc pipes in the past that i have seen look a little cobbled.Iwould really like a pic of one installed.thanks.

JST

shortening a pipe

#7 Post by JST »

HAS ANYONE EVER CUT DOWN A HMF???I do not like how it sticks out the rear.Is it a lot louder or a little,bearable or unbearable?

LapTraffic

#8 Post by LapTraffic »

What about the stock toaster? worth shortening or not?

Sandstorm

#9 Post by Sandstorm »

I am not a fan of pipes that hang out past the grab bar so I bought the Graydon.. Very happy. I have an HMF slip on the Z and it's good buy my brothers full LRD is noticeably better. Wish I could try the full HMF on the Z so we could compare apples to apples..

haydug

#10 Post by haydug »

I have shortened the stock bread box muffler, it was a last minute deal where the stock fmf was smashed by an over eager 250r hitting one of our riders in the rear. We had a race the next night so we pulled apart the toaster. We then gutted it, it has a plate in it we took out, then shortened it 4". We ran a moto map in it for a couple of weeks till the new fmf arrived and we didn't notice hardly any power loss. Now I have one apart and I'm installing a core with muffler packing to see how that works- I'll keep you posted.