stalling cannibal

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
trav

#11 Post by trav »

check for loose battery cables on ground? check ALL ground eyelets under fuel pressurer regulator mount bolts.

4punksdad

#12 Post by 4punksdad »

rode the cannibal yesterday and she ran flawless all day................I am hoping the first day was operator error smile.gif

jcv440

#13 Post by jcv440 »

She was just getting adjusted to the new stable....lol

JeffQuadShop

#14 Post by JeffQuadShop »

What was the temp. when it did this Joe?

4punksdad

#15 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
What was the temp. when it did this Joe?

low 40's outside.

JeffQuadShop

#16 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Hmmmm.......mine & rowlrags did it a couple times the other day but it was in the 20's. They seem fine now!

DangerRanger

#17 Post by DangerRanger »

DS-650, and I rode pretty hard for @ 5 hours on sunday. my dale seemed to do alot better only stalled maybe 5-6 times at speed. It did stall in the middle of a hill, thank god for good brakes!! The filter hasn't been changed since a ride, race, ride, ride so I am betting it is the culprit. Is the only way to "see" a clogged filter come from it wanting to stall more often?

We had a good ride though, the weather held up and about 30 out. didn't have a camera, but picked up a sweet palm camera to use that has video and capture capabilities.

Got the new Kenda Klaws out, can you say best tire for the dale!!!

Ben:D biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

DH440

Mine did

#18 Post by DH440 »

the same thing the other day when it was in the 20's. But it was fine yesterday when it was in the upper 30's. Who knows?

kidmaker

stalling cannibal

#19 Post by kidmaker »

If your Cannibal is a 2003, it will have the Stator Wires Covered. That was an early 2002 problem.

I have done the following,

Checked, Cleaned and used Red Loc-tite on all Battery connections. Including the Wires that mount under the Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Load Test the Battery (the battery is barely enough to run the quad as it is).

Updated to Speed Mapping.

Changed Toaster Silencer to Slip-on (Team Quadsource Aluminum Silencer for 2002/2003 Cannibal or Speed).

The actions listed above helped with Starting, Stalling, Fouling Spark Plugs and overall performance.

Other things I plan to do include:
Install a Front Motor Mount Kit and a Engine Stud Kit.

I hope this helps.

biggrin.gif