Pipes, Pipes, & Pipes!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
JST

HEY AL81

#11 Post by JST »

HEY AL 81,I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A COUPLE OF PICS OF THAT TC PIPE.WHAT MAP ARE YOU RUNNING???

jcv440

#12 Post by jcv440 »

Personally, I don't care for the TC pipe. It's LOUD for one thing, and it's pricey. Yes, it does work well, but it's a shortened 2002 Cannibal head pipe with a aluminum can strapped to it. The fit and finish isn't the greatest. I'd go with the HMF full system for $450.... JMO

JST

#13 Post by JST »

Hey JCV440,please define strapped to it,and do I have to cut my headpipe to get it to fit?Will the fx400 headpipe work?One final question,how much louder than my current hmf slipon??Sorry about all the questions but I am very interested in this pipe.Nacs says it sells for $335 so I am trying to get as much info about it as possible.Thanks again.

jcv440

#14 Post by jcv440 »

I haven't got a real good look at a Dale version. But it looks alot like a 400ex setup. It's a shortened Supertrapp(the 1980's style) with a hose clamp to connect it to the headpipe. Yes, a FX400 headpipe will work. It needs to be the headpipe that goes into one pipe right after they leave the head. I believe you have to shorten the headpipe up by 4 inches(I know you do on the 400ex) but I might be wrong on that. $335 is too much in my opinion. Then I think they'll charge you $75 to load the Nacs mapping on your ECU also. You have to mail them your ECU. So your up over $400, plus shipping, for just a slip-on exhaust. I believe Kyle from R&S will load the map on your ECU for free, if you want to mail order the HMF system, I'd get it from them.

If you'd go to your local dealer, they should load the map for free for you with the purchase of the pipe.(that's what the majority of the dealers will do, including us). Mail order is nice, but always check with the locals first, and see if they're cheaper. And when changing a exhaust, it's nice to have the machine at the shop, you might need some other fuel parameters changed to make it run right.

I'm not trying to push you away from the TC pipe, it makes good power, but I don't think it makes more than a HMF. The TC pipe is SUPER loud! You won't be doing any play riding with this pipe. If you've ever heard a 400ex or a YZF quad running the TC pipe, it's compareable in noise. It's just as obnoxious as a Raptor with a Big Gun on it. smile.gif