Rebuild time!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
screamin 440

Rebuild time!

#1 Post by screamin 440 »

Well i got the motor out of my Dale today. When i drained the spars they were of course full of brass material. What's the best/easiest way to get all that crap out of the frame?

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

You can wash it out with water and then blow it dry. Let it sit for a few days in the warm sun to be sure all the water is out of it.

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#3 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

2 gallons of gas,,, 21/2 quarts at a time,,,, followed by compressed air.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Gas? Not a good idea Try diesel or just use a pressure washer and compressed air. Make sure you bag off all you electrical connectors and pull the air filter. Pull all the frame hoses and blast into the holes on top of the frame spars. Then do it all over many times. Even a gerden hose will work. The trick is to get some flow to pick up the metal shavings and flush it out. When done I run compressed air through it till nothing comes out.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

I use a parts cleaning tank alternately opening and closing all the holes filling up frame each time then when that is done I do the same with dishsoap and water then pressure washer.This job stinks big time but got to do your best here for sure.

jfarrar

#6 Post by jfarrar »

our dear friend wade had me wash mine with kerosene alternatly opening drains and lines.then blow it out.the left over kero if any he said would mix with the oil and be changed right away after an 1hr of run time

screamin 440

#7 Post by screamin 440 »

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was thinking diesel fuel also. Well my motor is on it's way to ATK for the rebuild, so i prob got a couple weeks or so to get this done. Believe it or not my wife was ok with me sending it to them and making it into a 450! GOD LOVE HER! LOL Can't wait to get her back on the trails again.