Question About Moto's

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
WantAC-Dale07

Question About Moto's

#1 Post by WantAC-Dale07 »

Well, I have to sell my quad right now to buy a truck, I dont want to though. :cry:
But I guess Ill have to. Anyways, after I buy a truck and save up some money I am going to buy a Cannondale Moto and race MX. I have a few questions though. Are the Motos good MX quads? Also, is there anything I should look out for on them? Any certain year I should try to buy? Also, what are the updates? I dont really get them. Like what is a stage 8 kit..I have no clue. I know about the motor mount upgrade, etc... Also, what kind of suspension comes on a Moto stock? Ohlins with rezzies, right? Is there any kind of tips on how to set it up for MX. Also, what kind of pipe would be best for it for MX?
Please answer my questions and give me a brief review about the Cannondale Moto.

Id appreciate it. :usa

cdaleracer52

#2 Post by cdaleracer52 »

The moto is an awesome MX quad, race ready right out of the box, there is nothing you need to do to make it any more set up for MX. It comes with Long travel Ohlins rezzy shocks and Long travel a arms. Ohlins rear shock, extended axle, Itp beadlocks and MX tires, Tag T2 bars, kill switch, nerf bars, scotts damper, wave rotors, mag hubs and it comes with MX mapping set up for the Titanium FMF pipe that it comes with. For best results try to find a early 02 moto. The c-dale cranks were never ballanced from the factory and the motors would tend to rattle loose. The stage 8 is a locking bolt kit that prevents the motor from coming loose. Motor mount update is cheap and very important, it prevents the crank case from cracking. The only problem ive see in person with the moto is the A-arm bushings tend to blow out easily.

WantAC-Dale07

#3 Post by WantAC-Dale07 »

Thanks, that helped a lot. Anyways, whenever I buy one, I am buying one with all the updates done and hopefully the stage 8 kit now that I know what it is. Is that Scotts damper a steering stabilizer? Also, if anyone has any pictures of theirs or know of any link to pictures of motos, please post them.

cdaleracer52

#4 Post by cdaleracer52 »

scotts damper is a stabalizer. this is a pic of a moto and the other pic is my friend jim on his moto, as you can see dales really tear it up.

cdaleracer52

#5 Post by cdaleracer52 »

heres a pic of my cannibal and jims moto witha quad tech hood and hipers

CdaleRacer0128

#6 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

OMG how does he shift with that shifter like that!?!?

Hey man if u wanna wait bout a month i might still have my dale.. completely updated don't worry about a thing it has everything anyone could put on a dale to make it reliable/fast.. and its got elkas/walsh/rpm/ tc exhaust..

its a beauty! check the forsale section

WantAC-Dale07

#7 Post by WantAC-Dale07 »

Is the stock exhaust a FMF Factory 4? Also, Ill have to wait about a year or so until I get it sad.gif :eek: :cry:

cdaleracer52

#8 Post by cdaleracer52 »

Hey for cdaleracer0128's dale i would wait a year, That dale is sick!

cdaleracer52

#9 Post by cdaleracer52 »

i dont think its a factory 4 but its very similar.

WantAC-Dale07

#10 Post by WantAC-Dale07 »

Also, how much do you think I could find a moto for with all the updates and stage 8 kit as well?

So, the Motos are like fully aftermarket already with like wave rotors, pipe, nerf, etc?

Keep the info coming guys! :clap: