Air box mod

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cdalemx301

#71 Post by cdalemx301 »

Hey guys well a couple of us rode with a guy who used to work R and D for cdale he said they attempted to put the air filter straight off the throttle body......he said it actually produced less power and just made more noise

Canniboomer

#72 Post by Canniboomer »

I bet it was a "smaller foam-on-foam" filter that was tested in that location, and I would tend to believe him. I think the filter location and filter type are really separate issues. Yes, there is definately some new audio echoing from the front, but you quickly come to enjoy the THX Dolby DTS ES Pro-logic surround sound! biggrin.gif

cannondale27

#73 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats what they (Cannondale and Walsh)told me also.But then I saw the difference on a dyno so I am under the belief that the tubes going around the steering stem are the limiting factor to how well our stock setup works.

cdalemx301

#74 Post by cdalemx301 »

Yesteday at the track me and Cdembek both hooked our bikes up to our computars his Kand N in stock location and my stock filter we had air pressure readings with in .25 to.50 on the pressure

rope83

???

#75 Post by rope83 »

Could a similar intake on a car be adapted to the dale? Take away the air box and adapt a ram-air set up. This would include removing the airbox and original filter set up. Take a rubber or metal tube and connecting the throttle body and routing one large tube around the steering tube and adding either a clamp on filter or a flat filter used by many cars so it could be cheaply replaced near the existing filter while cutting a section out in the plastic and adding perforated metal to prevent large debris from entering.

I understand the rubber or metal tube would all depend. The metal tube could be polished inside and the heat reflecting properties of stainless steel complex this idea. The surface area of the new filter also.

I could be getting this all wrong. Just trying