teather switch

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Derno24

#11 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by kevin00
I was always a little confused as to why most of you guys think you have to have a pingle switch and nothing else.

Two different types of circuit. Pingel is the company that makes a closed circuit kill switch. Meaning no complete circuit when the kill switch is pulled. When you go with a pro design kill switch the majority of them are open circuit. Basically it uses a ground on the chasis to kill the quad. This type of switch is a pain in the butt to get to work on a dale. Usually it results in a fried ecu. Other companies including pro design make a closed ciruit kill switch, but most places don't usually carry them. Hope this helps.

kevin00

#12 Post by kevin00 »

Yeah derno. thats what i thought.
I guess you could say I know a couple of things about electricty and I used a relay in conjuntion with a open circuit type swith.
I used the relay to kill the power the the ecu relay.
probably a little excessive but hey. it works. and no chance of a blown ecu. plus it saved me from buying a 50$ switch.
but like you said its a pain in the butt for anybody who dosent have any electical experience. for me it was worth it.

CannondaleRider

#13 Post by CannondaleRider »

How would I hook up a Pingle to the old button setup(Green/Red). I wanna keep the stock kill switch, so would I splice into it like this. (I feel like i'm in kindergarten too)
[img]http://tinypic.com/m4gzm[/img]

comander420

#14 Post by comander420 »

it is really nice to not have to pull the pingel every time or turn the key off if your just stopping for a second, I like having the key, the kill switch, and the pingel to shut my quad off.

badvox

I hate to beat a dead horse but...

#15 Post by badvox »

oops... nevermind momentary lapse of sense