during xc race smellt burnt oil smell?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
speedy911

during xc race smellt burnt oil smell?

#1 Post by speedy911 »

smell oil burning a couple times, but not overheating. just removed oil filter couple pieces of metal in there. also on the rear muffler the rubbber part on the blaze pipe melted. what could it be?

wanablaze

#2 Post by wanablaze »

Are you sure it's not an electrical burn? You could pull your flywheel and check that your stator bolts have not backed out. :wow

speedy911

#3 Post by speedy911 »

no it smelt like oil, also about the metal in the oil filter. the blaze has about 10 hours, is some metal normal. i also met another guy at the race and said wade wilcox was fixing his motor. i said that cant be good.

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

a motor with only 10 hrs might still have metal shavings in the filter. As for the burning oil smell, did you check your level yet? I have on occassion noticed an oil smell just to later realize there was a small pool of oil on the motor that was burning off. Meaning I put it there!

speedy911

#5 Post by speedy911 »

level was checked before race,good. about half thru the race i smelt it. remember now were riding hard, this xc scramble was a fast one with lots of open fields.

Sandstorm

#6 Post by Sandstorm »

Originally posted by speedy911
no it smelt like oil, also about the metal in the oil filter.  the blaze has about 10 hours, is some metal normal.  i also met another guy at the race and said wade wilcox was fixing his motor.  i said that cant be good.

I'm getting close to 100hrs on my Wade Wilcox motor that has been thrashed beyond belief... If Wade can get the guy his motor on time he is in the best of hands as far as reliability.. Some metal in the filter is normal when under 20 hrs..

speedy911

#7 Post by speedy911 »

i guess he said wade put a new piston kit in it and it lasted 10 min. before if blew up again.

Sandstorm

#8 Post by Sandstorm »

Bad wristpin. That problem is fixed and it wasn't Wades fault.. Yes he sold and provided the service so you can say it was his fault, but nothing Wade did casued the pin to fail. Your friend is not to blame either.. It's an unforunate mishap for all parties..

speedy911

#9 Post by speedy911 »

only thing i feel bad about is it costed him 2500 the first time and it lasted 10min and now wade is covering the labor but he has to pay for parts.

Sandstorm

#10 Post by Sandstorm »

Yes, it is not good for your friend. I feel bad for him and I totally understand,,,,,,,,,,,,beleeeeeeeeeve me.. Okay back to the original topic.wink.gif