ecu safety diode

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Redman

ecu safety diode

#1 Post by Redman »

I recently found out that my cannibal did not have this bulletin done to it. Mine was made sept.2001. I bought it in may2002. The bulletin came out in october 2001 or something. It should have been done right? Seems that my quad was overloooked somewhere. My dealer did not start taking cannondale til november. So he never saw the bulletin. So now that I fried my ecu I will be purchasing a new one from cannondale. My dealer said he would give it to me a cost to "help out".

Does anyone know or have one of these little black wires with diods in them avaialbe? I need one before I hook up my new ecu.

I I had the time I would download all the bulletins for quads and look into every one of them.

:confused: :confused:

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

There were only a few quads made with the wiring harness that required that diode update.You probably would be better off if you got a whole new harness from cannondale.I think you can tell which harness you have by the solenoid small solenoid mounted on battery strap is new harness big solenoid is old.You do have the 1000 ecm?How did it fry?Fuel pump?

Redman

#3 Post by Redman »

I really don't know how I fried it. I went riding and it was cold. Then I turned my key to lights suddenly it killed. My dealer siad It will not communicate back to the computer. They said it has nothing there. I am going to give R&S a call today about it. My fuel pump does run when I ground it to the frame instead of the wiring.
All 2002 cannibals from 01 to 608 need this diode kit. Mine is a 300. I do have the s1000.

Redman

#4 Post by Redman »

Getting the diode and wire from R&S. Also getting a new ecu from my dealer at cost.
Thanks for the help.