starting problems

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
bombsquad54

starting problems

#1 Post by bombsquad54 »

wont start worth a #$%# ! checked the battery, its good, put a load on it, its still fine. what else could keep it from starting, the motor just got rebuilt and is in perfect condition. whole quad has less than 2 hours on it. it does have the decompression spring out of it, but that shouldnt have made a difference. the starter is barely turning the motor over! like it has a dead battery, but it doesnt.

SCOTMO58

#2 Post by SCOTMO58 »

make sure all of your connections are clean and tight.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Compression may be too high and it is in a dead spot. Put it in gear and push a little then try to start it.

KYmxracer52

#4 Post by KYmxracer52 »

It may not sound important, but take your battery cables loose and clean them with a small wire brush. If they are the least little bit corroded, it will be hard to start and may not start.

comander420

#5 Post by comander420 »

you could jump your starter and see if it turns over better with direct power

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

Direct connected the battery to the starter, same thing. Took the starter off and cleaned its grounding points, and tested the starter, same thing. GRrrrrrr....Why you gotta live up in Bentonville!!

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

Battery is completely dead. He is throwing it on a tender overnight and going to try it on the morning. Hope that is it.

parks9

#8 Post by parks9 »

that is what my YFZ is doing at the moment. Soon to figure out the problem we have. Motor was pulled and stripped down today. Wish i had a service manual about now

MX Quad Dad

#9 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Hey bomb, you have two Dale's don't you? Try swaping the starters. But if were mine I would first pull the plug and see if it cranks, if not I would then put it in fith gear and push the quad without the plug or pull the flywheel cover and put a wrench on the flywheel and make sure it turns freely. Another thing you could try is car battery with jumpers and hook pos to starter bolt them touch the neg to the body of the starter, this will leave burn marks in the body though.

Happyboy

its all good

#10 Post by Happyboy »

Just responding for Ben. His battery was toast. Got a new battery and a full charge and she started up. biggrin.gif

Whew!:head: