new ehauset is something wrong?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
440speedrider

new ehauset is something wrong?

#1 Post by 440speedrider »

well i put my full hmf on and i got it used and i installed it, after riding for about 4 min the header was glowing, im not kidding glowing, and i took the slip on off and its lose inside like i can shake it and somethings lose, and alos their is like little sparks commin out the ehaust should it get that hot that fast? is their something broke in the muffler? what are the sparks? thanks guys hope its nothin serious!! thanks again

BRad

cannibal67

#2 Post by cannibal67 »

You need new packing in your exhaust. It's probably stopped up.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

You also might be lean if you didnt adjust your settings.

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

Not to steal the post but it might be something in his problem too. Ever since I got my ATK from Haydug it's had fire shooting out the exhaust when revved up in neutral. No sparks, just the fire shot each time I let off the throttle. It has an HMF on it w/brand new packing. Any suggestions?

quadprorider

#5 Post by quadprorider »

WOW, like 27 said, you are running very lean due to the different pipe. Adjust your settings or else.lol:hammer:

440speedrider

#6 Post by 440speedrider »

so i need a d&m kit? and was is the or else? whats the worst that can happen? is that hwy it keeps fauling plugs?

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

If you're fouling plugs and your pipe is glowing then you're definitely running lean. You need to fix the rattling in the cannister anyway so pull it apart and check the the packing too. But you will want to richen it up for sure.

440speedrider

#8 Post by 440speedrider »

so were do i get a d&m? that what i need to adjust it right? will this make it run better 2?

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

Place an order with Haydug. $305 shipped....I think.

If you have a speed with the stock speed map, you are probably running slightly lean to begin with after putting the hmf full system on. With the d&m you can change the map to take care of your lean problem. You can find maps in the mapping forum. I think we need to revise the map thread to add accurate descriptions of each map. It would help when choosing a map. There has been a little controversy about using maps other than stock. I'm not sure what to believe on that but a good blaze/speed hybrid wouldn't be bad.

440speedrider

#10 Post by 440speedrider »

does the d&m come with detailed instructions? what call can i do with the d&m?