4 Speed?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
scooter-crusher

No Mistake.....

#11 Post by scooter-crusher »

that bike is a 4 speed!!! smile.gif

CptHook

#12 Post by CptHook »

Im not a big fan of 5th gear on these bikes, unless theres a big long straight. Seems to fall on its face in fifth gear unless you really have it revved when you shift out of fourth, there are fixes for that though, but I would rather keep it the way it is in those rare cases where I want that retarded top speed.

theJeStEr1340

#13 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by CptHook
Im not a big fan of 5th gear on these bikes, unless theres a big long straight. Seems to fall on its face in fifth gear unless you really have it revved when you shift out of fourth, there are fixes for that though, but I would rather keep it the way it is in those rare cases where I want that retarded top speed.

I don't see how you have thsi problem? I haqve ridden my quad downa dam and yeah, you have to wind out 4th a little bit, but with the right map in 5th the bike is still pulling my arms and I am struggling to keep myself from falling off the back of the bike. If you really want to be able to wind out 5th gear, put 20's on it. I have ridden my friends blaze with 20's and a 14t front and it will wind out 5th easier than my cannibal with stock everything.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#14 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Originally posted by MrSlithers
I know... im not stupid, but it goes 1 down and 3 up. I've only ridden it for about 4 hours on a MX track and i'd go check it now but its getting a rebuild.

From Neutral it is 1 DOWN and 4 UP.

fig

#15 Post by fig »

Is there a neutral? :confused:

Actually I can find mine half the time smile.gif

CANNIBALKID

#16 Post by CANNIBALKID »

yes fig their is a neutral, and it is hard to find!! some people say using a certain type of oil makes it easier to find. but **** who needs neutral anyways?? these things are made to go one way and thats straight forward.

Cdale_racer_669

#17 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

these things are made to go one way and thats straight forward.

and up!tongue.gif

Psychosis

#18 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by fig

Find neutral? On the C'Dale, maybe 10% of the time. On the ATK, probably about 75% of the time I can but still harder than most quads. Who cares though? This way you're not hitting it going through the gears shifting.

theJeStEr1340

#19 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by fig

I find mine all the time, when I am shifting and trying to get up and go fast! Never when I am sitting still and want to though.

CptHook

#20 Post by CptHook »

I never said I wanted to it to scream in 5th gear and pull my arms off, and as I already stated myself I know there are ways to fix it, and mapping isnt going to change the physical characteristics of the stock internal gearing, which is mainly wherein the "problem" lies. But considering I own a speed that is factory geared that way for top speed I understand why it is the way it is. Im saying there is a considerable jump from 4th to 5th that I dont particularly favor, but mainly keep it because of the added top end for those random occasions of long straights