Ive got the quietest Dale ever.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
SCOTMO58

#51 Post by SCOTMO58 »

I tried some high temp RTV made by Kimball Midwest. It looks like the same as the red permatex. Seems to be stuck on pretty good. I put the motor in and ran it today. Tomorrow I am going to take it for a ride but so far I like the new sound.

blaze#52

#52 Post by blaze#52 »

ok i ordered a big tube from international today. is there any areas to be careful around, i know the trans. vent, it is pretty close to the gears up there though isn't it.? did you coat the entire inside of the cover? or just the main flat surfaces? thanks wistech for another great tip.smile.gif

wistech

#53 Post by wistech »

I did the whole cover being carefull not to plug the vent hole and made it thinner around the upper cam gears. Remember to make the first layer 1/8 inch thick at a time or it will take a long time to cure. Let it cure for half a day between coats. Im doing a clutch cover extra thick to see how effective this stuff can be.

SCOTMO58

#54 Post by SCOTMO58 »

what vent hole are yall talking about?

wistech

#55 Post by wistech »

At the top of the side cover there is a little passage that leads down towards the area across from the center of a cam gear. Make sure not to plug that off.

Jaybr

#56 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by haydug
Use some "prepsol" to wipe the cover down before and let it air dry. Some brake cleaners will leave a residue. I just tried the Ford part # listed, and it worked perfectly.

Was it gray?

I'm assuming that's the stuff I found in my tranny filter?sad.gif

I guess your going to drop my motor tomorrow at Daericks and peel it off, right?

cannondale27

#57 Post by cannondale27 »

Uh Oh!

wistech

#58 Post by wistech »

Clean the filter and see if it gets any more. Might have had a stringer rub on a moving part.

Jaybr

#59 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Uh Oh!

lol,

You know me 27, I drove all the way to Glamis I'm going to ride that thing anyway.

If it blows, I'll blame Wistech for getting this started and Haydug for using my quad as the quinnea pig:mad:

I'll check the filter every couple hours and keep an eye on the status lights.

wistech

#60 Post by wistech »

Haydug said he was going to try it on some suckers quad so he didnt wreck his own motor. I guess you were first on the list .LOL
Seriously ,clean the filter and ride.