what tools?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
CdaleRacer0128

what tools?

#1 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

alright guys i got a few more questions:o

what tools, like specific ones do you use to get to the rear filter..and what is the easiest way in there my dad and i had a hard time getting to it..and i think i need a swivel of some sort and some extenstions..

does the heat shield come back anymore than about an inch? if it does than how..because i can only get it back that far and only can get my fingers and a wrench in there on the bolt...

oh and imma get a picture up tomorrow..the filters in my quad 0189 2003 black/silver looks paper on the outside..but metal on the inside i dont know if this is the reusable one of the paper non reusable...thanks for ur help guys this is my first time doin this...

AlaskaSpeed

#2 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

I have yet to find any dirt in that rear filter after a year. You can get to it, but it takes some work. Once ya take the quad apart some, much easier to get to.....JIM

AlaskaSpeed

Re: what tools?

#3 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
alright guys i got a few more questions:o  

what tools, like specific ones do you use to get to the rear filter..and what is the easiest way in there my dad and i had a hard time getting to it..and i think i need a swivel of some sort and some extenstions..

does the heat shield come back anymore than about an inch? if it does than how..because i can only get it back that far and only can get my fingers and a wrench in there on the bolt...

oh and imma get a picture up tomorrow..the filters in my quad 0189 2003 black/silver looks paper on the outside..but metal on the inside i dont know if this is the reusable one of the paper non reusable...thanks for ur help guys this is my first time doin this...

That is the paper disposable filter...ya need to get a replacement.........JIM

CdaleRacer0128

#4 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

thanks..anyone know who makes a good reusable one? ive heard of scotts..got a website i can order it from? thanks guys

jcv440

#5 Post by jcv440 »

Try www.rsperformance.net. I think they still have some in stock.

JST

#6 Post by JST »

Would someone please tell me where to find this rear filter?

jamiesel

#7 Post by jamiesel »

CdaleRacer0128

#8 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

hey guys..on scotts website (imma order one of their filters) does it matter what quad you order it for? i will just pick an 03 speed.they are all the same engines anyway...so my guess would mean they dont make a difference

LapTraffic

#9 Post by LapTraffic »

That would be fine.

The rear filter, the one below the header, is this one paper? Mine wasnt.

Just curious because I think youre ordering a SS main oil filter for the left side of the engine.

Sorry if this is a stupid question

CdaleRacer0128

#10 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

haha well i havent gotten to the rear one yet..b/c well i didnt get there yet..it takes us some time n makin sure we did EVERYTHING right...if anyone knows what tools they use for that rear filter which is a screen im pretty **** positive of..then u can tell me n it would be greatly appreciated:p

lap, im talking and ordered the SS side one, mine was paper, so i ordered one of theirs for the $69.95 speed..sound good guys?