Another Winky crank bites the dust

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
toothandnail

Another Winky crank bites the dust

#1 Post by toothandnail »

Well the 2nd winky crank bit the dust tonite this one ran for about 30 min. I knew I should have never put it in when I looked at the poor quality workmanship on it but he asurred me it was all in spec. Sorry Jim you will not be getting any more $$ from me:mad:

KRAHEZ1

#2 Post by KRAHEZ1 »

Thank you for having the nads to post this info. this is probably saving me a ton of money, and grief.:clap: On the phone, Winkey is one he11 of a salesman:wow but now I realize he is more salesman than motor builder. Also thank goodness for this forum,, where REAL info can be shared among Cdale enthusiasts.:clap:
Also did he perform his oil screwup date?:eek:

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes thanks for posting.

speed_demon

#4 Post by speed_demon »

Yeah I almost wasted money by sending my engine to Winkey, but after a second phone call to him he was talking so much trash about 'Dales I decided to send my motor elsewhere! Seems to me if you want to promote your work why talk trash about the bikes you do the work on? Just my .02

Dale118

#5 Post by Dale118 »

I am glad to see you guys find so much humor in R&D work but i am sorry to let you know that most of you are wrong about the cannondales and Diamond Racing. I am sure that not one Honda or Yamaha or even KTM has ever blown up. How many stock cranks have been rebuilt time and time again just to seize up. I think its a bunch of crap that a few of you have ruined the chance to see a Cannondale run smooth and reliable, unfortunately for you guys all of your so called balanced cranks are not even close to balanced Cannondale made 2 truly balanced cranks and i have one of them and i can tell you that adding weight no matter where it is not the answer. I guess as for our billet flywheels none of you will be seeing them so you can stick with stock junk ones for all I care. I can't believe that some people on here have gone out of there way to make our stuff look like junk. After all we were here in the begining and now you make us question the day we ever looked at a cannondale. Well happy Cranking.... wish you all the best too bad for most on this website that you could not see the light.

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#6 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Quote Dale118 ????????????????I am glad to see you guys find so much humor in R&D work but i am sorry to let you know that most of you are wrong about the cannondales and Diamond Racing.???????????????
Me thinks KRAHEZ1, was more about separating the wheat from the chaff. There has been great strides made by Haydoug/Jaybr in getting falicon to manufacture a replacement crank. Also let??????????????????s not forget Timbomoose, whom found the cause of stock rod failure, and the inexpensive z400 bearing solution.
Gee, when ever I see ????????????????R&D work and Diamond Racing??????????????? used in the same sentence, the only thing that comes to mind, is ????????????????Ruin&Destroy??????????????? work.:hammer: :w: :hammer:

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by Dale118
How many stock cranks have been rebuilt time and time again just to seize up..

Thats a good trivia question. I would like to know.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Wonder who Dale118 is?Any guesses?How about some info on where you get this knowledge?

Dale512

#9 Post by Dale512 »

I had my crank done by Winky and he did his oiling mod, it has about 3 hours on it so far. We'll see if it holds up, if it doesnt then I'm sending the motor to Doug or Timbo.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

I really dont see a problem with his new style cranks other than the thrust washers.As long as they are put together correctly.I have no idea whether any attempt at balancing them was done either.I hope they do work out fine.