Break-In

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
KRMit

Break-In

#1 Post by KRMit »

My motor should be back together this week and hopefully I'll have it mounted and running this weekend. It has a new crank, piston, sleeve, and intake valves (thanks Winky rolleyes.gif ). I guess taking it to the MX track for its virgin run may not be a good idea. What are the proper break-in procedures?

jwheat

#2 Post by jwheat »

Hey Kevin! Ride it like you stole it! Of course it'll hold up.....I'm building it!:hammer:

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

wow, good to hear....Where did you find a crank that fast?

jwheat

#4 Post by jwheat »

The crank was fine (almost)! It even had a Carillo rod on it. But it was .006 out and had to be trued and balanced. Tim (at Cycle City) managed to get it to .0005. That should take care of excess vibration.:clap:

KRMit

#5 Post by KRMit »

Originally posted by jwheat
Hey Kevin! Ride it like you stole it! Of course it'll hold up.....I'm building it!:hammer:

lol Yeah I hear ya. I just don't want you to have to rebuild it anytime soon. :cool:

Originally posted by Happyboy
wow, good to hear....Where did you find a crank that fast?

jwheat and a local machinist looked the crank over and it apparently has the Z400 bearing installed and is good to go. He's just going to true it. :head:

KRMit

#6 Post by KRMit »

Originally posted by jwheat
The crank was fine (almost)! It even had a Carillo rod on it. But it was .006 out and had to be trued and balanced. Tim (at Cycle City) managed to get it to .0005. That should take care of excess vibration.:clap:

You beat me to the post! wink.gif

He's already got it balanced out? Good grief he's quick. Any word on the valves?

jwheat

#7 Post by jwheat »

Oh....by the way, Kevin.......it'll still be slower than mine!!tongue.gif But, you might be able to make that 40ft double with me coming out of the turn!biggrin.gif

jwheat

#8 Post by jwheat »

Jay is dropping by his shop on his way to work in the morning and will bring it in with him. I'll probably start putting back together tomorrow. He'll have the valves replaced later in the week.:head: