run vp race gas straight?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
exracer12

run vp race gas straight?

#1 Post by exracer12 »

can i run vp race fuel straight or should i mix with high octane fuel?

cdalepilot

#2 Post by cdalepilot »

use the vp high performance unleaded , it is 100 octane

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

I don't see what it would hurt to run it strait, other than your wallet. I don't think your motor will take advantage of that high of octane, but I could be wrong.

I use a 50/50 mix or C12 and 93 for one of mine.

cdaleracer52

#4 Post by cdaleracer52 »

same here c12 50/50 with 94

MX Quad Dad

#5 Post by MX Quad Dad »

We ran C-12 strait and strait Motorsports 103 and we had no problems, and I will admitt there was no noticable power diffrance.

Cdale_racer_669

#6 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

where do u guys get your VP. a local dealer? i cant find anyone here that can get it for me

KYmxracer52

#7 Post by KYmxracer52 »

The only reason I would run anything higher than 92 or 93 is because of a high-compression engine. Just running race fuel in a stocks engine is un-noticeable and throwing money away.

azcannon

race fuel

#8 Post by azcannon »

It smells kinda cool ( race fuel ) and no worries about detonation after all we don't have knock sensors, I view it second to running synthetic oil , you wont notice the knock as much as your rod bearing will and if you are running a hot map with a lot of timing its even more necessary to be safe, I don't notice any power difference with it , I thought 12.1 and up was pretty high compression you can go to a ' 76 ' dealer and get their 76/110 octane that runs well I believe its union 76 conoco but I could be wrong - got some from a idaho dealer when I was passing through

Exodus

#9 Post by Exodus »

I cant find the literature on this but, its seems to me that if you mix a 100 octane fuel with a 95 octane fuel, your not going to end up with a 97 mix. The octane will in fact be quite higher than that, somewhere in the 103 range. I cant find that book that told me that, but I'll keep looking. I have run VP in my Cannondale a lot and had no probs. I'm sitting pretty well stock, and can feel the difference in power band and all around torque of the motor. I wouldnt say it was a waste of money, but it gets expensive in a big hurry at 4.50 a gal. I'm using VP red, and I get it from a local race shop.

HouserCannondale

#10 Post by HouserCannondale »

racing fuel will only make more power if it is oxygenated. it does not matter if it is leaded or not as far as power goes. lead is good though because it has a cooling effect. also if you run a real wild map with alot of timing advance, even with a stock engine some sort of fuel with extra octane should be used to prevent detonation.
here are a couple good web sites just to prove that. smile.gif
http://www.misterfixit.com/deton.htm

http://www.hastingsmfg.com/Service%20Tips/...preignition.htm