Dropped and ready

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Happyboy

#11 Post by Happyboy »

how ever you pull or push it out be very carefull not to scratch the surface inside the piston. Unless its trash.

You can go to autozone and pick on up. Piston pin puller.

chigger81

#12 Post by chigger81 »

Pretty sure the piston is trash, I will have some pics up later... depressing day.

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

Dont be depressed . This is the first step of a project to build a better quad. The rewards of bringing it back to life will overshadow the next few weeks. You will see.

Psychosis

#14 Post by Psychosis »

In the process of tear down I didn't have any trouble w/out any special tools, except flywheel puller. I found ways around things like in your situation. I feel dumb though b/c I can't exactly recall what I did when I got to where you are but check Autozone like Happy said.

Cdale_racer_669

#15 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i got an extension for a 3/8 inch drive, and held the piston in one hand and pushed the drive to push the wristpin out, a lil tapping will do it too. but make sure to support the other side of the rod so it doesnt force it to move.

chigger81

#16 Post by chigger81 »

I used a 5/16ths bolt and it fit perfect on the wrist pin. Then I just tapped it with a punch untill it gradually came out. I got the flywheel taken off at the local stihl shop for 3 bucks. Ive got the crank completely out now and I am uploading pics. Ive got ALOT of shavings in there and I dont have a clue how I am gonna get them all out of the pump reservior. The rod is blue in one spot where it got really fricken hot and the bearing is definitely trashed. I dont know what will determin whether I need a new rod or crank, but I guess I will see if anyone can tell from the pics, They will be at the link at the bottom, but it will be 15-20 mins before I can have them uploaded onto the net. Thanks for your help, Everyone! http://bikepics.com/members/chigger81/01ca...sp?i=283279&s=0