400 ex Silencer on C-Dale

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
DanDuneBaboon

400 ex Silencer on C-Dale

#1 Post by DanDuneBaboon »

Hey Guys,

My C-Dale is completley Stock besides the Bling Bling, (Nerfs, front bumber). K so heres my question, I was looking at my C-Dale and a buddy of mine put his hand over my exaughst and nothing happened the engine kept running fine. Well Turns out that my silencer had a leek, (of course). On the day we returned from riding I noticed we had a 400ex E-whight silencer laying around. So I got to thinking Let put that puppy on their. Well I know their will have to be some fabracation involved but once thats all good and done will I have to re map anything or will my Dale except it and run as it has, or will it cut my power?(Or add power?

Thanxs....THE CANNONDALE KID....:head:

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Should work fine.That silencer uses discs right?Depending how many discs or wide open will determine if you have to go richer.Moto map is a good start.

DanDuneBaboon

#3 Post by DanDuneBaboon »

Hey,

Yes It dose use disks, I will post the mesurments of the disk and width if you could tell me if I need a new map that would be great. Also I have no clue of how to get a moto map and I have no clue about maping. Ha Ha so if you could help that would be great. Thanks

.......THE CANNONDALE KID......:head:

DanDuneBaboon

#4 Post by DanDuneBaboon »

Also,

How often do the valves need to be adjusted, were do I find the spefications for adjusting them?

Thanks .......THE CANNONDALE KID......

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

You will need to do plug checks but I would say if you use more than 8 discs you should remap.That is done at a dealer or with a D&M kit which you can buy from Haydug.You NEED the D&M for alot of things.

Valve check.How long have you had it?How much run time?Do you need to ride it soon?Because checking valve clearance involves removing the motor and if it is out you might as well do other updates.

DanDuneBaboon

#6 Post by DanDuneBaboon »

Hello,

I have had my bike for 2 and half years. I have about 300 hours on it or a little more and the guy that owned it before me said that he had just taken it and gotten it complete cheack up on it at a dealer. I plan on riding , maybe maybe spring break weekend, (end of march).
Do you think I need to check the valves? What is the spark plug number? and what kind of updates do you sugest when I have my engine out. Their are 13 discs on the silencer. So when I get this new map will it take any of my bottem end away from me? I have one more question sorry lol, how much will getting the D&M kit cost me and how dose it all worK lol.

Thanxs

......THE CANNONDALE KID......:head: aka (Dan)