Found this in my coolant reservior

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
dalewannbe

#11 Post by dalewannbe »

Yes this is Dubya??????????????????s quad. I did find a receipt (in the papers he gave me) that showed a valve cover purchased for $289. This cover does not look like the early aluminum covers which have the hole in the rear, though.

Hopefully it is aluminum! Yes the valve was corrosion free, that??????????????????s what made me think maybe that orange coolant was evans, or this really is an aluminum cover?

I hope to have the aluminum impellar installed and be ready to race this Sunday. Sucks DNFing. The quad was running strong up until it started cutting out, and then it just finally shut down. After it shut down my temperature light would blink then after I would hit the starter button. The light was not blinking though while it was running, cause I looked down at it when it started cutting out.

fig

#12 Post by fig »

Evans is clear

Canniboomer

#13 Post by Canniboomer »

The Evans NPG+ is tea-color clear, but they have a couple of other products -- and one of those may be orange.

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

I have seen this before . Navistar/ford was dropping a stop leak product in thier diesel engines to help plug engine leaks . It was caused by the red Texaco lifetime coolant. The coolant was eating the engines seals. Some of our vehicles had the same problems you do. Overheating with a dirt sludge(the stop leak pellets) ,settling and plugging coolant passages.
Gus I recomend getting the whole system flushed out and the radiator cleaned and checked for flow. I have a spare if you need one to get ya going again.

RetroZ

#15 Post by RetroZ »

Maybe the orange coolant is the type you put in GM engines for the AL block? I know it's orange. Glad to see you found your problem.

wanablaze

#16 Post by wanablaze »

Are you sure it's Orange (DEXCOOL) and not Caterpillar? I'm running the Caterpillar and last I checked corrosion was minimal if any and it runs cooler than straight water did. CRASHNBURN is also running the caterpillar coolant and I don't think he's had any problems either.

Go CATERPILLAR:usa :head:

dalewannbe

#17 Post by dalewannbe »

Yep its orange and its thicker than Dexcool than has been mixed with water. It could be Dexcool that hasn't been diluted?????

What color is the caterpillar coolant?

RetroZ

#18 Post by RetroZ »

I did some checking on your clump. I think it is one of those capsules you put in the water then it swells up to be one of those foam dinosaurs. The coolant must have kept it from blowing up. smile.gif

dalewannbe

#19 Post by dalewannbe »

how hard is it to remove the radiator?

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Why remove it just flush it real good.