Chain question

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
MI_CDALE_Rider

Chain question

#1 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

What is the Brand name and model of the Chain that came on the Cannondale quads?

I want to get a replacement chain but not sure who made it or if there is a better chain for the Dale out there? I seen O-ring chains and non O-ring whats better?

Thanks
smile.gif

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

they were regina o ring chains. everyone has an opinion on the best chain. cdalechick had a thread about sprockets and chain in the wanted forum i think. there was some good info in there.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

You also forgot the x-ring chains too. Soo many choices!smile.gif

theJeStEr1340

#4 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I am using a DID ATV X-ring chain, great strenght, it stretched a little bit, but not much and has held up great.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#5 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Thanks for the info so far, so when you order one of these chains is there a specfic length or ?

I checked out cdalechicks thread in the open forum and I'm left wondering what the better chain type is Oring or Xring for HS racing? Also where do you purchase these chains and agin what length or is it by brand?

Thanks
Ken

bowhunter74

#6 Post by bowhunter74 »

Go to your local dealer and get a bike master chain be sure to get the o-ring one they hold up very well and cost quite a bit less then the others. I have ran them for awhile now with no problems.

I think all your doing with the others is buying a name.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#7 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Originally posted by bowhunter74
Go to your local dealer and get a bike master chain be sure to get the o-ring one they hold up very well and cost quite a bit less then the others. I have ran them for awhile now with no problems.

I think all your doing with the others is buying a name.

OK what length bike master chain ?

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

I usually use the X-ring and you can get them from doug. He would know the length too!

MI_CDALE_Rider

#9 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Originally posted by Derno24
I usually use the X-ring and you can get them from doug.  He would know the length too!

Thanks Derno!

CDMX215

#10 Post by CDMX215 »

ithink92or94 match or count what you have buy did x ring you always get what you pay for