Setting clutch pushrod bearing adjustment

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
azcannon

Setting clutch pushrod bearing adjustment

#1 Post by azcannon »

I replaced some clutch plates when doing my motor and before I put the side covers on and install it what is the exact right way to adjust the set screw and hub that contacts the bearing and pushrod, I have the tool from Black Widow, I just don't want to do it without a little advice (so I don't have to redo it). thanks

KYmxracer52

#2 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Its different for each clutch ( hydro/ cable). I believe on a cable, you turn the screw in all the way until it bottoms and them back it out 3 turns. On the hydro I was thinking about 2- 2.5 turns out. Wait til someone else chimes in on this before making adjustments. I think those are close though.

quadman22

#3 Post by quadman22 »

turn it in till it stops completely...not just until you feel pressure. make sure it bottoms out completely, then back it out three turns and you should be all set. I got my c-dale on a trade straight up for my 400ex because the c-dales clutch was screwed up and it wouldnt move when you let the clutch out. turns out the kid never backed the screw out three turns.biggrin.gif biggrin.gif works for me:) :head: