?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
quadrider60

?

#1 Post by quadrider60 »

my buddy just bought a 2002 speed it has all of the engine updates done, a cam, full hmf exhuast, my first ? is it dont want to start and when it does it stalls out, is this do to having the rong mapping or is it just because it is cold out my other ? is what things should he look out for as far as just ragular check ups

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

You need a D&M or access to one.Idle and throttle cal may be off.

cdalepilot

#3 Post by cdalepilot »

timing could be off also.:drink:

jwheat

#4 Post by jwheat »

Learn the cranking procedures first. Tap the start button two - three times first then try and crank it without hitting the throttle. If it cranks, then let it idle on it's own for about 30 seconds before you give it any gas. If it didn't crank, then repeat the cranking procedure.

quadrider60

#5 Post by quadrider60 »

whats a D&M (im new to dales)

levi550

#6 Post by levi550 »

Originally posted by quadrider60
whats a D&M (im new to dales)

D&M stands for Diagnostic & Maintenance. It allows you to download various maps to your ECU, adjust/set the injector variables, and calibrate / set your throttle position. All this from your PC or Laptop.

It will also allow you to monitor various parameters about your 'dale in real time, such as RPM, Throttle position, voltage, engine temp, air box temp, etc.

It is a "must have" as ****** said.

The only bi*ch is trying to hold on to the laptop and read the screen as you are flying down the trails.:eek: