Reliability

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
chigger81

Reliability

#1 Post by chigger81 »

How reliable have your quads been?
Im just wondering becuase Im getting mine all upgraded with stage 8 kit, new main bearing, piston and sleeve, timbo crank, and maybe a decomp adjusted.

I just want to know how long this thing might last me. I will be riding fast trails and stuff most of the time and going to the track on the weekends and maybe racing 2-3 races a year. How many hours can I expect on an updated dale motor?

dalewannbe

#2 Post by dalewannbe »

Sounds like it will last a long time!

Derno's quad just lasted the 6 hour race and I believe he ran the falicon with the je 450 piston.

I'm running basically the same set up you described, timbo stroker, wistech decompression update, studs instead of the stage 8. My head was ported by timbo also, and I had new valves installed at this time too. I also went with an aluminum impeller. I used stock main bearings.

My power is great, although I don't have much time on it yet. I'm working on fining tuning it. I can almost guarantee you love the power. It hits from the bottom all the way to the top.

I will be racing mine here in the near future.

chigger81

#3 Post by chigger81 »

Anybody else already running my setup? Im interested in seeing how long they have lasted without problems, and also what maintenence you have done besides regular oil changes.

jacobw

#4 Post by jacobw »

it outta last 300 hours of hard pounding on the motor! I know that is what alotta people have on thier motors with that kinda setup anticipate them last is around that time frame

theJeStEr1340

#5 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I have 150-175, maybe more hours on mine and it is alllllll stock!!!!!!!!