engine problem

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
millermanbg

engine problem

#1 Post by millermanbg »

i have a 03 cannibal just got it rode it 2 days and went to start it the next day and found that oil had come out of my exhaust on to the floor '
i riped the motor down and put a new head on it there was oil ontop of the piston alot of oil
put it all back together in the frame and tried to run it it ran for a day then the next day the same thing was found oil on the floor
i riped it apart agian found the same thing oil on top of the piston alot of oil agian i never over filled the oil
any one know anything on what causes this if you could help out that would be great. thanks Brian Grode

cdrider02

check ball

#2 Post by cdrider02 »

The check valve that holds the oil in the frame is the one that runs horizontally across the bottom of the pump housing, the one that runs vertically on the left side of the pump is the pressure bypass. Check the seat in the bottom one for burrs and like ****** said look for any trash no matter how small. In the same one that I took apart that had the burr I could see in another hole before disassembly and the ball had been pushed off center and jammed in between the spring and the inside of the cavity.