Ive got the quietest Dale ever.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Jaybr

#81 Post by Jaybr »

I bet this would work well too, on the outside for sure

http://www.dynamat.com/spec_dynashield.htm

levi550

#82 Post by levi550 »

Originally posted by Jaybr
I wonder something like this stuff would work?

http://www.quietcoat.com/index.html

In the application sheet for this, it says "use it under the hood, but not on the engine itself", they do not say why, oil, heat, or what ever.

TraumaRN

#83 Post by TraumaRN »

Bump

Any news about just the clutch cover? Durability and such?

jfarrar

#84 Post by jfarrar »

i coated my covers with the ford stuff that wisetec recomended.so far no probs.20hrs never head a lick on the filter in 3 oil changes.

RatSoup

#85 Post by RatSoup »

Updates? Still a good mod?
Anyone try the Permatex High Heat Red 26BR? I'm doing a winter tear down inspection. Thinking of trying it out.

--Lee

jfarrar

#86 Post by jfarrar »

i did mine with the stuff wis recommended andits still going the same as the day i applied it.nevergot a spec on the filter and had the cover off several times no sign of peeling.dampens the sound alot.going on 1 yr

kdeal

#87 Post by kdeal »

I don't have much time on mine but it sticks to the cover like gorilla snot does. (If you don't know what gorilla snot is, look in the auto parts for a tube of 3M weatherstrip adhesive, it's nasty stuff). sad.gif

RatSoup

#88 Post by RatSoup »

Thanks... I think I'll try the Motorcraft TA-31. I may try the Permatex on the clutch cover just to see what it does.

--Lee

61austin

#89 Post by 61austin »

I used the gray motorcraft stuff, and have had no problems so far.

wistech

#90 Post by wistech »

I think the issue of ths stuff ever "peeling off" was because the dry time for a thick aplication was not met. It will form a skin in a half hour but the stuff under the surface will be mushy for a long time. Anything over a 1/4 inch will take at the very least one day before the next coat. I guarantee if it is applied properly it will never come off without some major swearing and cutting.