Help!!! fuel pump went out!!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
LapTraffic

#11 Post by LapTraffic »

bad ground did me in, good thing is that its a cheap fix

Jimmer

#12 Post by Jimmer »

Ok guys tell me this, is it normal for both the + and the - to have power when I check it with a light tester? cause I have power at both. Ok also this is really wierd I also have no spark at the plug. Battery is strong and I still have no fuel coming through the pump when I turn it over and disconect the hose from the outlet side? This seems real bad cause we have an early 02 speed and it fried the computer like a couple of months after we got it and it had some of these same syptoms. I hope not!! Does this sound like the problem to you all. Thanks for so much help on this frustrating situation. Later.

jschner

#13 Post by jschner »

Jimmer - The fuel pump will have 12V on both leads when the engine is off. How it works is the ECU becomes the ground for the negative lead when running. If the ECU is not acting like a ground you have either a problem with the fuel pomp negative lead to the ECU or your ECU is bad. Check your wire, check your fuses, if they are OK then try to get a HEX code uploaded in your ECU. If that doesn't work then you need a new ECU. Optimum-Power can take care of you with that.

Hope this helps.

4punksdad

#14 Post by 4punksdad »

did you try throwing some jumper cables to it & see if she primes then?

Jimmer

#15 Post by Jimmer »

4punks I did take the fuel pump completely off and used jumpers and it does pump. I think that is what you are saying to do. thanks jschner I'll check those things out.

4punksdad

#16 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Jimmer
4punks I did take the fuel pump completely off and used jumpers and it does pump. I think that is what you are saying to do. thanks jschner I'll check those things out.

no.......I mean while its on the bike to see if the pump primes the system while its hooked to jumpers.

Jimmer

#17 Post by Jimmer »

took my bike to the dealer, he hooked it up to the computer and the compter is fryed. This is the second one, know what do i do??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jschner

#18 Post by jschner »

Have the dealer try to load the HEX code. If he can't then give Optimum-Power Tech a call and they will help. BTW OPT as agreed to supply ECU's and Fuel Pumps for Dale owners so at least we have that base covered.

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

I am trying a method to fix these so called fried computers.One method would be to reroute the fuel pump circuit to a different driver in computer.Other method would be to bypass the computer and use a relay to run fuel pump like most cars.I need to know if your quad still has spark and if the injectors are still firing(can be checked with a "node?" light any auto store will have one they are only about $10 or less this light plugs in plug that goes to injector.If you have spark and injectors are firing do not buy a new computer just yet. I will let you know by next week.

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

I am not going to name names but I feel that there are a few companies that are trying to take advantage of our situation and make alot of money off of our problems.This is despicable and if I find any more huge price gouging I will have to start naming names.We have to really think about our purchases and not panic when we need something these people feed of of panic.