Help!!! fuel pump went out!!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Jimmer

#21 Post by Jimmer »

The dealer said that it does not even let him access the computer at all. So loading a new hex code would not be possible I guess?? I hope this is not a stupid question but what exactly is the hex code?? He 27 It does not have spark I know for sure so I would assume that it has no injector action as well. Thanks for the help fellas.

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

Hexcode=Best way to explain it is on old computers DOS was needed to operate Windows.The Hex code is like DOS maps are like windows.
I guess if you dont have spark and ecm wont communicate you have to get a new ecm.I hope your dealer did the procedure right.

jschner

#23 Post by jschner »

Cannondale27 - this was discussed elsewhere wink.gif but the fuel pump draws around 2-3 amps under normal conditions. The ECU is suppossed to handle a draw of 20 amps. I'd recommend putting a 10 amp fuse in the ECU line to the fuel pump and that should keep from burning up the ECU internals from a short.

Also, reverse diodes on the starting solenoid is a good idea too.

Jimmer - The HEX code is Optimums Operating system like DOS or Windows on a computer. This HEX Operating system controls the communications, map loading and other things. When my bike needed a the HEX code the starter would work but wasn't getting any fuel or spark because the ECU was corrupted. I couldn't communicate with the ECU with the DM Kit and gave me a failed to communicate error. However, I think loading the HEX uses an alternate communication method and so it's worth a shot to try to reload the HEX code. It worked in my case but YMMV.