Stalls and backfires

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Lippy91

Stalls and backfires

#1 Post by Lippy91 »

I just changed from a 03' Ti header to just a 03' header and also from a Ti silencer to a Bill's slip on.
My Moto never had a problem starting, never stalled, and definitly never backfired.
Could the new exhaust system be the problem?
I don't have a D&M kit, but CDMX 215 lives near by, Is there any way I can hook up my quad to his computer?
If so , what is the process?

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

I assume you pulled the tank to replace the header. Did you remember to plug both fuel lines in ?

cdalerider75

#3 Post by cdalerider75 »

Does CDMX 215 have a dealer D&M? If not your going to have to pay in order to get the code from Optimum Power Technology.

Lippy91

#4 Post by Lippy91 »

Wistech, I did remove the tank, so I will check my connections.
Also the headpipe now gets cherrrry red hot.

dalewannbe

#5 Post by dalewannbe »

its running lean then, make sure your throttebody connections are all tight, no leaks around the rubber boots. Otherwise you'll need to rich up your fuel settings.

Lippy91

#6 Post by Lippy91 »

Where should I be looking for the rubber boots and leaks? Where's the throttle body?

KRMit

#7 Post by KRMit »

Originally posted by Lippy91
Where should I be looking for the rubber boots and leaks? Where's the throttle body?

Directly underneath your airbox (which is directly in front of your gas tank). It's where your idle screw is. There should be two or three hose clamps there that hold the throttle body to the airbox and to the intake. Make sure they're all tight. Although I doubt you messed with any of this just swapping exhaust. You probably just need to get hooked up to a D&M kit and adjust the fuel settings.

moto440

#8 Post by moto440 »

how come you took off the fmf TI pipe and silencer? i have heard that is the best system for these machines??

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

Is it an 02 header and slip on or the newer pipe with the slip-on, as Bill's makes both of them. If it's the '02, it's definitely too lean, vs the ti-pipe combo.