cannondale motors are loud

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Rookiex

cannondale motors are loud

#1 Post by Rookiex »

I am new to the dale...I rode it today but when I started it up...The motor was alot louder than that of my EX....It seemed to idle alot higher than the ex too...Could anyone tell me why??....

And also why does it take a few seconds for the dale to start...You hear the starter pump turn on then it takes a few seconds then it'll start...

Knight440

#2 Post by Knight440 »

Yep it's a lot louder dam cement mixer. It idle's a lot higher thats normal, make sure you fallow the cold start order or you will be changing plugs.rolleyes.gif

TricityCdale

#3 Post by TricityCdale »

The motors are loud. That is the nature of the beast. They are much louder than an EX.

The idle is a lot higher too. It is supposed to be set at like 2100 to 2300 rpm. Make sure you keep it there. If you lower it, it will stall when you don't want it to.

Since the quad is fuel injected, when you hit the start button, the first thing that happens is the fuel pump kicks on for a second to pressurize the line. It is not gravity fed/vacuum fed like a carburated quad. That is also why it doesn't have a fuel shut off.

Ditto on the cold start procedure. Alot of people have fouled plugs but if you make sure and let the quad warm up each time you start it, you should be ok. Never fire it up to show it off and then immediately shut it back off.

Good luck.

jcv440

#4 Post by jcv440 »

Did you ride one prior to your purchase? :confused: You've bitched about the updates, and now engine noise???? You had no idea of what you where getting into after reading/posting on this board and hearing our stories????????????

Rookiex

#5 Post by Rookiex »

biggrin.gif

4punksdad

#6 Post by 4punksdad »

I like to describe the idle sound as a coffee can full of marbles..................shaken not stirred.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

I like to describe the sound as the sound of performance!I used to have a VFR Honda that had gear drive cams somewhat same sounds.Also have you ever heard a Ducati idling?Cannondale wasnt worrying about noise when they built it.They were looking for power you get used to it.