metal in oil pump again

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#41 Post by cannondale27 »

Well if thats the case then demand that they show you thier up to date credentials from Dynojet or the manufacturer of the dyno.In case of dynojet and PowerCommander the dyno should be calibrated from factory tech twice a year and the dyno operators(at least one)in shop should have a training course once a year.If so then just show them our D&M and ProCal or whatever map making program you are using.Any of the guys with these qualifications I would trust doing my tuning to point of leaving shop and going out for lunch or something.Afterall they are making maps for all the Superbikes everyday and a map is a map no real big differences except in our case it is ALL manually entered where in PowerCommander case much is automatically entered by the dyno program itself based on readings taken off bike on dyno.If they balk at you and your hard earned $ take it as a direct insult tell them and take ALL your future business elsewhere.Enthusiats should be running dyno shouldnt matter what make they should just enjoy to see power made and have a part in it.

thedeatons

#42 Post by thedeatons »

I don't think I would go so far as to leave someone I did not trust with my mapping software.... A little too much fuel and the oil is washed away from the rings, leading to CEF.... I guess I kind of hijacked the thread, so I'll let you guys get back to it....

harleypitbull1

#43 Post by harleypitbull1 »

C27

I do have a digital camera but I do not have a shop manual. Plus I have never posted pictures on here. The reason I have not got the motor out yet is because it is at the shop and I slipped on some icy steps sunday night and landed on my back, I can barely walk but im better today than yesterday so I will probably return to work tomorrow.

cannondale27

#44 Post by cannondale27 »

PM me your home address so I can send you a disc with the manuals on it.Take your time.Nothing going anywhere.

Deaton if they have credentials I listed they can be trusted.Its not Rocket Science.

cannondale27

#45 Post by cannondale27 »

oops double post

thedeatons

#46 Post by thedeatons »

I hear what yer saying... A lot of the guys just seem iffy to work on an unknown that went out of business due to crank failures (I know that is not the real reason, but what people know them for)...

I went as far as to buy a 2" binder and 100 sheet protectors for the manual, so that I could grab them with greasy fingers... Thanks cdsracer for this tip!