Bike dies on uphill.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
kdeal

#11 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by Powers
What is a hex code and where do i get a upgrade?

The hex code is the operating system for the ECU (computer). Kind of like Windows in your computer. You will need a D&M kit to make the change, or you can send the ECU to a shop that has the proper Dealer Cal software.

Sandman

#12 Post by Sandman »

Something which has interested me with "Dales with rear tank fuel pick-up fitings, is what will happen if you only have a pint or two of fuel in the tank when desending a steep hill. Surely the fuel flows to the front of the tank leaving a massive amount of nothingness behind it???

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by Sandman
Something which has interested me with "Dales with rear tank fuel pick-up fitings, is what will happen if you only have a pint or two of fuel in the tank when desending a steep hill. Surely the fuel flows to the front of the tank leaving a massive amount of nothingness behind it???

My guess it would have to be a very steep hill and you would need to be fairly low for this to be an issue. You would also have the same problem with the 03 due to the pickup being on a hose in the tank.

jwheat

#14 Post by jwheat »

If you have an 03 tank with a pick-up tube in the tank, maybe you have a split on the hose inside the tank and when you go up hill or turn without a full tank of gas, the gas sloshes away from the split in the hose and the pump sucks air.

Derno24

#15 Post by Derno24 »

Jw: He wasn't stating a problem just a what if.

jwheat

#16 Post by jwheat »

Then that would be a "What If" answer to a "What If" question! biggrin.gif

Powers

#17 Post by Powers »

Just to let you know it seem I solved the problem. I changed my fuel filter with a Fram and no problem this weekend. Ran like a dream.

Sandman

#18 Post by Sandman »

I once heard that a FRAM fuel filter which is twice the size of the oem spec'd Cannondale filter, actually restricts the flow of fuel far less than the original filter. Unfortunately there is always a trade off as the higher the flow rate, the less the filtering procedure. In the past 2 1/2 years I have been racing 'Dales, it has always been a priority to replace the filter more often than not. One tends to overlook this necessary detail, and sometimes it can cost you a DNF.

Canniboomer

#19 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep, changing it rather often seems more important than the brand name. And actually, the OEM filter IS a Fram...?, some strange rumors are floating out there, for sure.
But Powers!... didn't you change that filter just recent during the fuelpump changeout??????wink.gif ohmy.gif

Sandman

#20 Post by Sandman »

Let's make Powers wear a T-shirt which says: "Have Cannibal...won't clean filter"