Gap less ring and Head porting?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
speedy

Gap less ring and Head porting?

#1 Post by speedy »

I remember reading something on this site a few months ago about a gap less piston ring and a company that did headwork called FDO or FSO. I am not sure. if anyone can tell me who to contact about this I would appreciate it.

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

The company is called FDO Racing in Johnstown, Ohio.
Call them in the evening and talk to Mike, they have 2 sets of rings left but will make more if needed. I am running their head and rings with no trouble. I have had the gapless ring since High-Point last year and have since added the ported head over the winter and love it. Mike's number is 740-967-1078. Tell him Doug sent you, #391 250Pr-am and 250A

speedy

#3 Post by speedy »

Thank you for the info. I will definately call

claas900

#4 Post by claas900 »

.Does FDO Racing have a web sight?And heydug how do you like there port work?Big gain?? Do you have any Dyno #'s ?..Thanks

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

I like the port work, we put it on a dyno with a stock blaze and got around 39-40 h.p. out of it. We then tried the ported head with stock Moto exhaust and went to around 44-45 h.p. Then we switched to HMF and lost 1 h.p., but we richened the mixture and changed maps to a moto/speed and went up to 46-47 h.p. I would have liked to switch back to stock exhaust and play with fuel mixture, but we ran out of time on the dyno. I can say, when you ride this bike back to back from a stock cannondale, you can tell a large difference. Actually with just the gap-less ring you can tell a "seat of the pants" difference.

claas900

#6 Post by claas900 »

Haydug,Thanks for the info..46 to 47 hp ant to bad for rwhp:) Im running a stock speed right now and im wanting a pipe,but cant pick one,Friend is going to get HMF,so I'd like to try something different,so either SBM,or Trinity I know of no one else??It seams I cant get a good response from either one.I would like to tear into the motor this winter,but I was hoping someone would have a big bore kit for the average joe to do at home.Iv thought about those gap-less ring,but I don't want to take it apart just for that.
Well if you ever get it on the dyno again let us know.It'd be nice to hear what you get out of her. Thanks

haydug

#7 Post by haydug »

Mike is working on a 450cc kit now and also a stroker crank that I think he said will take it to 467cc. I guess if he gets one done, I'll be the test dummie and see how long it lasts. So far I have had nothing but good luck out of his motors, so if enought of us call him, maybe he get one done faster.

claas900

#8 Post by claas900 »

...Is Mike someone at FDO,or SBM? Cuzz i know SBM has a 440,450 and i think a 460 kit? I thought the 460 is the only one with more stroke on the crank?If hes with FDO,i just might call him,itd be nice to have someone other then SBO for our motor work.I know FDO built i think it was a 472ex,made like 63 hp,or something like that?...Anyways..lol..thanks

haydug

#9 Post by haydug »

Yes, Mike is the brains behind FDO. He builds several EX motor, including at 463cc and a 493cc. I have a 440 ex motor that runs extremely strong. I'm trying to convince him now that there would be enough work on the cannondales to go ahead and do these kits. I am wanting the biggest kit made for a trail bike. He is getting ready to send a "new" style rod out and have copied for a stock replacement.

claas900

#10 Post by claas900 »

..Thats great to hear someone is working on theses motors,new rod huu?Are the stock ones weak,or just to be safe?Do you know of anyone that offers a pipe,other then HMF,Trinity,SBM,FMF?do you know if Mike has one in the works?But I think i might call him one of theses days and see what he has to say...Thanks