Getting the new 'Dale ready for sand action

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Killer_Shee

Getting the new 'Dale ready for sand action

#1 Post by Killer_Shee »

I just purchased a '03 Cannibal that I am wanting to get ready for the dunes this summer.

I have a few questions-first off, I want to put more aggressive programming in the ECU, but I don't really want, or feel I need, a D&M kit. Is there amybody that I can send my ECU to that will map it for me? I am looking to get the most aggressive ECU map that I can, possibly even one of the dirt bike maps. Does anyone have any experience with the Glamis map? I was also wondering if that map was tuned for more top-end power like most duners are looking for.

I have a full HMF system coming as well-what can I do to open up the intake a little more?

jwheat

#2 Post by jwheat »

The Glamis map is the same as the Speed map. I run the X440/Speed w/Blaze fuel TS110 in mine and it rips. You might as well break down and purchase a D&M kit or find someone close to you that has one. Even if someone loads the map for you, you still need to recalibrate the TPS on the bike. That is also something that you need to do fairly often to keep it running it's best.

acarli3

#3 Post by acarli3 »

I wonder how anyone can go an extended length of time without a D&M kit.

J. Delaney

#4 Post by J. Delaney »

You really need a D&M. It's very simple to use, besides, how are you going to tune it in? The numbers I ran were quite different than the numbers the bike came with.

I ran Zack's map, 14/46 gearing (to save the chain buffer), full HMF, and 20-10-10 Sandstars with my stock motor. Ran pretty good.

You should also look into getting one of Canniboomer's intake kits. It breathes much better than the stock air box set up plus it keeps the ecu tray cleaner.

Killer_Shee

#5 Post by Killer_Shee »

Okay, so where do I get a D&M kit? Where do I get Canniboomer's airbox mod?

I'm going to be running 20" Skat-Trak Haulers for tires. I just don't like the molded paddle tires. How do you like those Sand Stars?