Metal in my oil

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannon

Metal in my oil

#1 Post by cannon »

Drained the oil, noticed a good bit of metal in the oil. Pulled my stainless filter and all the metal in the filter could have filled up one side of one of the fines of the filter. :drink: I guess these things happen:) I'm told my lower rod bearing is bad. Looks like I get to learn more about these engines. What do you guys think?

CptHook

#2 Post by CptHook »

Transmission, or engine?

Cdale_racer_669

#3 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

are the shavings magnetic? and like said, tranny or engine?

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

Crank. Seen it myself, if magnetic. Pull the crank and put in Falicon or send to Timbo, replace bearings and any necessary parts, assemble, ride and have fun.

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by Psychosis
Crank. Seen it myself, if magnetic. Pull the crank and put in Falicon or send to Timbo, replace bearings and any necessary parts, assemble, ride and have fun.

You forgot to list get a loan.

Cdale_racer_669

#6 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

u only have to get a loan when u buy the LT frontend smile.gif otherwise timbo will take care of you on the crank for a decent price

cannon

#7 Post by cannon »

It's the engine and the pieces are magnetic. Whenever you tear a cannondale apart and put it back together, do you have to recalibrate the throttle and all that?

Psychosis

#8 Post by Psychosis »

Depends. When I rebuilt my Cannibal's I bumped it up to a 450 stroker and some more small goodies and put it w/an HMF running the same Moto-Speed map w/adjusted fuel settings set for the short air horn. The ECU was programmed for the ATK engine and when I swapped them it ran perfect and never had problems. I've since had everything correctly set up but it never backfired or had problems. Plug looked great. I guess it just depends what you do.