Rebuild 2nd Attempt

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
azcannon

#31 Post by azcannon »

Well where is the update, I have all kinds of faith in you, looking forward to the final report

cdalerider75

#32 Post by cdalerider75 »

Shim update.... well I did double check shim sizes and clearances, due to the tone of how others thought the sizes were off.... well you guys were right... they were off!!! I didn't have (4) 256 shims.. I had (2) 235 and (2) 265... well after measuring them I found the marked values to be off 1... so the photo below outlines the measurements and valve clearances measured with the correct shims installed and the cams rotated (started with timming aligned and ended with the timming aligned)

So it does pay off posting things even if you think they are correct and also it shows that I am not perfect!! Yes I said it NOT PERFECT!!! This puppy should be up and running tomorrow night!!! Don't worry I will let you all know!!

azcannon

#33 Post by azcannon »

Good luck , I am gonna do my " 2nd attempt" ( really third ) this weekend

jwheat

#34 Post by jwheat »

Chris.....is it running yet?? Are we smelling smoke yet?

cdalerider75

#35 Post by cdalerider75 »

Due to me getting back late from a "Success by Design" seminar I was unable to finish!! However 1/2 a day at work here... by 8ish tonight I should have an update...BTW how can I post a sound (mp3) file!!!

Nothing like a motors first start after a rebuild!!!

cdalerider75

#36 Post by cdalerider75 »

Sorry guys.. nothing to report... well I did take the GF out to eat!!! Tomorrow will be the day!!

jwheat

#37 Post by jwheat »

I see how ya gonna be! Kick us to curb, just cause your girlfriend came around! rolleyes.gif

wistech

#38 Post by wistech »

What! Not done yet . Im started a complete teardown a update today and will have it ready to drop in tommorrow. Now out to the workbench ...Troop.:hammer:

azcannon

#39 Post by azcannon »

I like this motivational pushing GET ER DONE ALREADY, YOO CAN DOO IT

and last but not least , Build it and she will come

out in the garage and tell you to shut the **** thing off cause its 4 in the morning and your an idiot for running it so late (early) and go ahead and sleep on the couch and leave her alone and just because your all " happy " doesnt mean she has to make the rest of your night.
Think that about covers it.

quadman22

#40 Post by quadman22 »

c'mon chris... get her running! btw they said they cant have my crank done thil thursday:mad: no racing for me next weekend! let me know how ur rebuild goes and best of luck to ya!