plugs...

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
snowprophet1

plugs...

#1 Post by snowprophet1 »

Instead of using the NGK CR8EK plug, has anyone ever used the Autolite 4303? It is a standard type electrode, not like the dual electrode to the side type. On two stroke sleds, bikes, etc., it seems the "splitfire" plugs fouled immediately, where the standard electrode NGK's ran fine and didn't foul. Just curious if anyone had luck w/the Autolites in cannondales. When you make motor mods and start playing w/the maps, fouling a couple plugs wastes a lot of gas money, where the autolites were $1.28 a piece. If they hold up ok, it might be a nice plug to use while getting 'er dialed in and maybe throwing the NGK back in when you're all done. Anybody try it yet, or will I be the guniea pig when I get mine back together? Thanks!

theJeStEr1340

#2 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Invest in a hand held sandblaster. Will save all those fouled plugs.

Easy E

#3 Post by Easy E »

I run Autolite Platinum plugs in my YZ250 on a tip from a friend. After fouling countless NGK's in my YZ, I have to say I've never fouled one of the Autolites. I'll be trying Splitfire platinums in my 'Dale to see how they hold up also. Here's a quick list of other alternatives to the NGK's:

Stock plug: NGK CR8EK

Options:

NGK CR8EIX (Iridium)
Denso Iridium: IU24A
Denso Multi-Ground: U24ETR
Splitfire Platinum: TP430C
Splitfire Standard: SF430C
Autolite: 4303

jacobw

#4 Post by jacobw »

I run cr8ek in all on mine the cr8e will foul for some reason but had good luck with the cr8ek's

wanablaze

#5 Post by wanablaze »

I run a cr10ek, as that is what my moto had in it when I got it. Isn't the 8 two steps hotter? I've never fouled a plug, but I also make sure it's tuned properly, I think that's a big part of it.

With an 8 should I avoid the advanced timing some of the maps have, or is the 10 not making a hot enough spark? Anyone?

Easy E

#6 Post by Easy E »

That's interesting. I don't have a quad, but my manual for my X440S calls for the CR8EK as the recommended stock plug - so I don't think there would be any issues running the "8" with any maps.

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#7 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

I have been running a cr8ek, as per. Timbomoose, works great. Tim told me the former local Cdale dealer, recommended the hotter plug. Anyhow, works great.smile.gif By the way snowprophet, Timbo lives kind of near you, I could introduce you guys sometime.

lilchampro1

#8 Post by lilchampro1 »

i run cr8e no probs and i beleive a 9 is a colder plug if i am not mistaken lower num the hotter correct

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#9 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Originally posted by lilchampro1
i run cr8e no probs and i beleive a 9 is a colder plug if i am not mistaken lower num the hotter correct

I belive NGK runs thier heat range numbers bass ackwards.:eek: