Starting Prob.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
housercdale

#21 Post by housercdale »

Boots are on ok, but idle dooes very some like 1796 to 2100. The idle is set at like 4.9 or 5.

bigdawg

#22 Post by bigdawg »

Hi,

If your getting idle sppeds is it running, or are these old figures??

If its not running:
Are the injectors supplying fuel - to check take off the throttle body (disconnect the spark plug) and shine a torch down the mouth when turning it over you should be able to see if both are injecting.

Go over all the electrical connects with electrical grease to make sure youve got good connections.

Also check the flywheel sensor- is this connected properly (ie not with one of the injector leads!!) and check that its clean and registering. I hada huge starting problem, turned out the sensor wasnt reading properly, but before I start it I just push it in to make sure its reading & fires every time (oh and I had an injector out!).

Also battery voltage - ive come across situation wherethe bikes turning over, quickly, but for some reason it doesnt fire - this can happen with the D&M showing 11.8 voltage.

We're all assuming youve got a D&M kit here - you have havent you??

housercdale

#23 Post by housercdale »

All of that seems to check out fine and yes I do have a DM kit. The bike runs good when started. Start up is the only problem.

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

Tell us your starting procedure when cold.

Mine is bump start button twice to prime then third time hold it and it will start if not I bump it again then hold it and it will for sure start.I never touch the throttle till I can feel the radiator hoses are warm.When warm it should start on first try.I never touch throttle though.Maybe this will work for you.

Another thing to check is crankplay at flywheel and the crank position sensor.Flywheel should not move up and down whe lightly pried between case and flywheel.Crank position sensor needs to be clean.

housercdale

#25 Post by housercdale »

I start it the same way I start my other Cannondale. Turn it on, tap the button, pull in the clutch and start it. After bike is warm it still has this same problem. I have two Cannondale's and over the last three years have not run into this problem.